VG240YP 7 Thin black lines at the bottom of my screen

Nishant1817
Nishant1817 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2022 in Monitors
I have bought an Acer nitro VG240YP 7 months ago. Recently I have noticed 2 thin horizontal black lines at the bottom of my screen. Lines have been faded towards right side of the screen. I have checked the HDMI cable connection and graphics card drivers are up to date. Problem still persists. Any help??

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Try a power reset. Disconnect all cables then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to a minute. Wait a few minutes (good time to grab your favorite beverage) then plug everything back in and see if it's fixed. Since they always sort of stay on, in order to remember settings and start up quickly, they sometimes get things a little scrambled, and the full power reset starts you back with good numbers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nishant1817
    Thank you for your kind suggestion and I did it as you said but the problem still persists
  • Nishant1817
    billsey said:
    Try a power reset. Disconnect all cables then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to a minute. Wait a few minutes (good time to grab your favorite beverage) then plug everything back in and see if it's fixed. Since they always sort of stay on, in order to remember settings and start up quickly, they sometimes get things a little scrambled, and the full power reset starts you back with good numbers.
    Thank you for your kind suggestion and I did it as you said but the problem still persists
  • billsey
    Hmm, that looks like the lines are happening both at the bottom of the monitor and in the bottom of a text entry gadget. Is that the case? If so it points to software rather than hardware, because the monitor itself doesn't know anything about text entry boxes...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nishant1817
    billsey said:
    Hmm, that looks like the lines are happening both at the bottom of the monitor and in the bottom of a text entry gadget. Is that the case? If so it points to software rather than hardware, because the monitor itself doesn't know anything about text entry boxes...
    These lines are also appearing in boot menu screen and while playing any games. maybe it is a dead pixels issue
  • billsey
    Dead pixels should show up at the same place on the screen each time.
  • Rungne
    Rungne Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a vg240y with two lines exactly as yours, in the exact same spot. I have had the monitor for over a year and it just showed up today. It's for sure the monitor. Tried it with two other monitors on same comp and no lines.
  • Rungne
    Rungne Member Posts: 2 New User
    I should also mention, another way you can tell it's the monitor is if you open the OSD and go to the color options, the OSD fills all the way to the bottom of the display and the lines are still visible.
  • SandraIsMe
    SandraIsMe Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2022
    I have the same problem in my laptop(id have it for 1 year already) and in the same spot also and i dont know if its dead pixels or not, because another line is starting to appear and flickering above the 2nd line, and i honestly dont know if it could be fixed because it just suddenly appeared a few days ago,i dont know the reason too, and im getting anxious cause im dead to my father if he sees it. And 
  • SandraIsMe
    SandraIsMe Member Posts: 2 New User
    And also, when i restart it, the lines turns white and lightly bright up the very bottom screen where the lines are, so im getting very confused 
  • billsey
    @SandraIsMe you don't have the model of monitor this thread is about, and in fact you have a laptop with a builtin display. Things are going to be very different between this thread and your issue. Please start a new thread in the appropriate laptop section. Include your full model number, the issue you are seeing (with pictures if possible) and what you have tried so far. We'll take it from there to help you discover what is going on.
  • KEVINDANI
    KEVINDANI Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys , i got a problem with my monitor model VG240Y , its got a vertical black line in the middle & its getting bigger as shown in the photo. any suggestion to help. Thanks guys

• Mrcsjrmy
    Mrcsjrmy Member Posts: 1 New User

This lines are also appearing in my vg240y monitor any tips on how to fix it guys?

• billsey

Normally those artifacts are from a cable issue, either a poor quality cable or an sort of OK cable that's routed wrong and picking up noise.