Keyboard on laptop stopped working switch 11 sw5-111

rwisniewski46
rwisniewski46 Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited March 2022 in Switch Series
Why can't I use my keyboard after an upgrade

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) What upgrade? From Win10 to Win11?
    (2) What ACER model number? For example ES1-512?

Jack E/NJ

• rwisniewski46
    edited March 2022
    Microsoft office. Windows 10. SW5-111. Audio sound driver disappeared. I cannot find the driver to any of these 
  • JackE
    A MicrosoftOffice upgrade should absolutely not affect your keyboard or sound.

Try this.
    (1)  Shut down Windows normally.
    (2)  Unplug charger
    (3)  Insert and gently press a paper clip into the battery disconnect pinhole on  for about 30 seconds
    (4)  Plug charger back in.
    (5)  Wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue
    (6)  After charge LED turns steady blue, turn laptop back on

Jack E/NJ

• rwisniewski46
    Good morning. I tried this but still cannot type on the keyboard. I looked in the device manager but don't see a drive for my keyboard or sound.
  • rwisniewski46
    I may have an hardware issue, is there anything you can do to help me get my keyboard and sound working again
  • JackE
    Shut machine off. Turn it  back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key. What  do you see?

Jack E/NJ

• Are there any drivers with problems in the device manager as well?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rwisniewski46
    Keyboard and sound still do not work 
  • rwisniewski46
    I shut off and restart the computer while clicking the f2 and got the bios mode. I just need someone to remote in to see what I see
  • JackE
    If you see the BIOS menu, then your keyboard is functioning. Can you also navigate through the BIOS menu tabs with the right, left, up, down arrow keys?

Jack E/NJ

• rwisniewski46
    Not by my keyboard. I use the touchscreen with my mouse.
  • JackE
    Does this mean you can't navigate the BIOS menu with the keyboard's arrow keys?

Jack E/NJ

• rwisniewski46
    I have to plug in an external mouse to do this
  • rwisniewski46
    When I try to type letters, numbers or move the arrows around, I had to plug in the USB for the mouse and click as it is the only way to click anything.
  • rwisniewski46
    Is there a software I can upload to fix this
  • JackE
    Sorry no. We only care about whether or not the laptop keyboard responds in the BIOS menu. Not a USB keyboard. Not the touchscreen keyboard. Neither  the MicrosoftOffice update nor any other software update likely had anything to do with this.

If you're not getting any laptop keyboard response in the BIOS menu, then this means it is a laptop keyboard hardware issue. The most likely cause is that the laptop keyboard cable somehow came loose from or is poorly connected to the mainboard.

The laptop must be disassembled to access this laptop keyboard cable and connector. Would you like to try to fix this yourself? I may be able to give you some tips on how to do thiis.

Jack E/NJ

• rwisniewski46
    That would be great but I don't see a driver for the keyboard. How can I reinstall the ps/2 back to my laptop?
  • These photos can help you:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Do you know how to disconnect the keyboard from the tablet screen?

Jack E/NJ

• rwisniewski46
    Yes I do. I have the back off but don't see a battery pack for my aspire switch 11 sw5-111