Nitro 5 AN515-57 Wifi connected but wont load webpages. HELP please.

TheeCalza
TheeCalza Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2022 in Windows 11
im on windows 11 and everything was working fine on my old modem for awhile ever since the upgrade was made availble. But now since moving to a new and better modem I cannot load anything, it has only affected this device (Nitro 5) any help would be appreciated. (i have factory reset, dns flush, reboot the modem and reboot the laptop itself dozens of times at this point.)

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• TheeCalza

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    The problem has been solved, it mustve been a faulty modem as the new modem connects perfectly. Thanks for your time everyone.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    We are going to need more information... Which Nitro 5 model do you have? It should be something like AN5xx-xxx-xxxx and the model number is likely on the same sticker as your SN and SNID. Which WiFi card does it have? You can get that info from Device Manager under Network Adapters. When you click on the WiFi icon at bottom right of your screen, what shows up as network IDs?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @TheeCalza,

Did you uninstall and reinstall the browser. 
  • TheeCalza said:
    im on windows 11 and everything was working fine on my old modem for awhile ever since the upgrade was made availble. But now since moving to a new and better modem I cannot load anything, it has only affected this device (Nitro 5) any help would be appreciated. (i have factory reset, dns flush, reboot the modem and reboot the laptop itself dozens of times at this point.)

Try to press the F3 key a few times and see if that engages your eifi? As WiFi and Bluetooth are a problem with win11 I'm having problems with Bluetooth on a brand new an515-56 that I've never had before on win-10 with JBL headphones that worked and when the Bluetooth driver updated to the latest it's not wanting to connect, it connected with the last driver but not this new one, will have to downgrade driver as this new OS is like usual with Microsoft and their drivers whenever they bring out a new thing. Try to 
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Sounds more like a modem issue. It can have a good connection to the laptop and none to the internet. Try logging into the modem and check the status.
  • TheeCalza

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    TheeCalza said:

Try to press the F3 key a few times and see if that engages your eifi? As WiFi and Bluetooth are a problem with win11 I'm having problems with Bluetooth on a brand new an515-56 that I've never had before on win-10 with JBL headphones that worked and when the Bluetooth driver updated to the latest it's not wanting to connect, it connected with the last driver but not this new one, will have to downgrade driver as this new OS is like usual with Microsoft and their drivers whenever they bring out a new thing. Try to 
    Tried the F3 thing and no luck, it didn't do anything.
  • TheeCalza

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    We are going to need more information... Which Nitro 5 model do you have? It should be something like AN5xx-xxx-xxxx and the model number is likely on the same sticker as your SN and SNID. Which WiFi card does it have? You can get that info from Device Manager under Network Adapters. When you click on the WiFi icon at bottom right of your screen, what shows up as network IDs?
    My Wifi Adapter is the Killer(R) Wi-fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201NGW)

As for model its a AN515-57-7296
  • TheeCalza

Tinkerer

padgett said:
    Sounds more like a modem issue. It can have a good connection to the laptop and none to the internet. Try logging into the modem and check the status.
    Weve been on tech support with microsoft, acer and the internet provider with their modem, everything checks out, no one knows the issues.
  • TheeCalza

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @TheeCalza,

Did you uninstall and reinstall the browser. 
    Yes and no other browsers are working correctly either, im able to search basic things up and the like, but im unable to access webpages as a whole.
  • padgett
    Open a DOS (CMD) box. Run IPCONFIG. What does it say.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited February 2022
    You can also check each bit in the network stack to see where its failing, as it could be anything from a local routing issue, to something in the browser

Some simple checks with the output you are looking for below. 

If all of these work , it suggests a browser issue rather than a network issue, if these fail, may be able to help you troubleshoot why :) It could be dns ... its always dns

1) - Can you ping your router, use the first command to get the address the second to ping that address
    C:\Users\leo>ipconfig | findstr Default
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 21.12.31.2
    C:\Users\i91>ping 21.12.31.2

Pinging 21.12.31.2 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 21.12.31.2: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=59
    Reply from 21.12.31.2: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=59

2) - can you ping 8.8.8.8
    C:\Users\leo>ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=235ms TTL=59
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=236ms TTL=59

3)  - can you ping google.com?
    C:\Users\leo>ping google.com

Pinging google.com [142.250.79.78] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 142.250.79.78: bytes=32 time=236ms TTL=59
    Reply from 142.250.79.78: bytes=32 time=236ms TTL=59

4 ) - can you resolve reddit.com
    C:\Users\leo>nslookup reddit.com
    Server:  UnKnown
    Address:  10.2.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    reddit.com
    Addresses:  151.101.65.140

5) - can you use googles resolver to look up google.com
    C:\Users\leo>nslookup reddit.com 8.8.8.8
    Server:  dns.google
    Address:  8.8.8.8
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    reddit.com
    Addresses:  151.101.129.140
  • padgett
    edited February 2022
    Looks like you have a working DNS. Try TRACERT GOOGLE.COM

ps isn't 21.12.31.x a DOD network ? It may require your device to be registered.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Padgett, those were Leostat's results, not the original poster...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leostat
    aha yeh i included them as then its easy to see what its meant to look like, and what we need to see to be able to help troubleshoot :) if i had to guess. maybe an issue with the DNS server between the two routers or something like that

As for the internal adress, you can use anything you want really :D i just used that as an example as mines something thats also wierd and wonderful ha
  • padgett
    This is an odd one. Closest one I've seen before is a downstream firewall that requires registration of the MAC or use of a proxy to pass. This is where an ipconfig/all  and a tracert google.com would be helpful. Personally like Kali for diagnostics.
  • TheeCalza

Tinkerer

Ive given this all a try, still no luck.
  • Leostat
    Could you include the output so we can see what's going on :)? They won't fix anything but may show us where an issue is 
  • padgett
    You having trouble running ipconfig/all and a tracert google.com or just unwilling to share the information ? Guess we are done.
  • TheeCalza

Tinkerer

I will get the info and show, ive just ran these options before is all, will contact again if the replacement modem doesnt fix the issue
  • padgett
    You have an obscure problem & sometimes the details in ipconfig/all and tracert google.com may have a clue.
  • TheeCalza

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    The problem has been solved, it mustve been a faulty modem as the new modem connects perfectly. Thanks for your time everyone.