AN515-54 Why am I unable to upgrade drivers under windows 11?

Waddle
Waddle Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2022 in Windows 11
I have an AN515-54, which is compatible with windows 11 according to acer. When trying to download the new drivers it only shows windows 10 for OS. Is there something I'm missing? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    As in from the acer website or via windows update? Acer wont have put drivers up for win 11 most likey but the driver framework are vitrually the same so the 10 drivers should work on 11

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Waddle,

You no need to update the drivers separately all the win 10 drivers are compatable one. If you update to Win 11 drivers automatically will check the compatability.  
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    Waddle said:
    I have an AN515-54, which is compatible with windows 11 according to acer. When trying to download the new drivers it only shows windows 10 for OS. Is there something I'm missing? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

What is the problem that you have to want Win-11 drivers? As Win-11 is only a new OS and as Win-10 drivers work with Win-11, so specific and individual drivers for Win-11 will be coming in time (just like when Win-10 was released) so wait until either Microsoft has updates in "Windows Update" or Acer posts individual Win-11 drivers in "Drivers & Software" for your AN515-54 as the current drivers that you have work just fine or don't =) which is usual when a new OS is released from Microsoft. With NVIDIA drivers go to their site for new drivers and with Intel drivers download the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" as that will update all the new Intel drivers for your AN515-54 but, be careful especially with drivers like the Bluetooth drivers from Intel as and I've experienced with my AN515-56 the latest Intel driver Version: 22.110.2.1 doesn’t work as the previous version 22.40.0.2 works perfectly.