Acer 5 A515-51G Battery charging not stable on windows 11

oamev
oamev Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2022 in Windows 11
hello
I have an Acer 5 A515-51G it was working perfectly but at some point when I plug the power cable it start charging for 2-3 seconds then stops then start charging for some time (5-10 minutes) then stops charging permanently until I re plug it again then keep having the same problem over and over.
I changed the charger to a new original one but didn't help. 
the problem comes only when windows is active, I mean it charge normal when it's turned off or on sleep mode, also I installed linux and charging normal.
what could cause this? and I heard that a lot of users having the same issue with windows 11.?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Microsoft has likely tweaked the software that controls charging and overcharging. If you run on battery for an hour or do then plug the charger back in does it work right again?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oamev
    oamev Member Posts: 3 New User
    it's actually windows 11 related (updating the bios to last + reset battery reduced the issue by a lot but still exists, then I went back to win 10 and the problem gone, like it never was there 🙂
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @oamev,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​