Microphone not working on Acer Swift 3 SF314-59-71YQ running Win11

Serajo
Serajo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2022 in Windows 11
Hello everyone!

I've recently started trying to use the microphone on my Acer Swift 3  SF314-59-71YQ but it doesn't seem to work. I have Windows 11, could this be a compatibility problem? Audio Output works fine with the Speakers and the camera is working as well. If i look under Input in the settings it gives me three options, the Microphonearray from Intel which seems to always be at the highest altitute which I set it it, the Realtek Audio Microphone which is said to be not connected and the soundcard. External microphones work well, has been tested with two different headsets.

All Windows updates have been updated and the Realtek Audio Drivers are on the newest version acer supports. (I think its 10.29.x.x.x. something for the driver in the settings).

I have a second laptop which is exactly the same running Ubuntu and there the microphone works totally fine.

Could all this be a broken hardware part in my laptop or am I facing the newest windows 11 problems here? Anyone having same issues?

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to Device Manager, expand Audio inputs and outputs right click Microphone array, select Properties and move to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hit the Windows key , then open the Settings menu. Go to Privacy & security, then scroll down to the App permissions section, and click on Microphone. Look at the Microphone access and Let apps access your microphone sections, then make sure that the toggle button is turned On. Check if your mic is working now.