Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G Slow WiFi Download Speed

deko
deko Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hello guys, I have bought a new Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G a couple of days back and I have noticed very slow download speeds while on my other devices the speed is normal. I have tested it when I'm next to the router I have normal speed on my laptop but if I leave the room where it is the speed changes a lot. If I am one room away from 6MB/s my laptop will download at 3MB/s while on other devices is pretty much the same around 5,5MB/s, if I am two rooms away from 6MB/s my laptop is downloading at 300KB-400KB/s while on my other devices(phone, MacBook Air) is around 3MB/s. The laptop has Wi-Fi 6 which on paper can provide very fast speeds but even my 10year old Acer Aspire 5 has better download speeds. I have tried reinstalling the driver couple of times but nothing changes, I have tried changing settings in DeviceManager>NetworkAdapters>WIFI6 Properties>Advanced and changed a couple of things but it didn't help so I reinstalled the driver so all the options go back to default. Is there anything that I can do or change to fix this because it's very annoying? Thank you!  DRIVER NAME: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Answers