Blue light, then flashes orange then turns off when charger inserted, Acer Chromebook CP311-1HN-C3E3

AWariah
AWariah Member Posts: 1 New User
My Acer Chromebook CP311-1HN-C3E3 won't turn on. When the charger is inserted, the indicator light shows blue for 1 second, changes directly to orange, flashes once and then turns off and nothing else. It happens every time the charger is inserted and I've even tried using another adapter and cable. The machine has been charged overnight but will not power on. I've tried pressing escape-refresh-power for various lengths of time with no result. There isn't a battery reset button on this device and I've opened the laptop up manually to disconnect the battery and then reconnect but am having the same issue. Any suggestions appreciated, thank you!!!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    It sounds like the battery has gone bad. IIRC the MB runs off the battery and the power supply charges the battery. You could test to verify by disconnecting the battery, plugging the charger in and turning it on. If it runs than the PSU drives the MB and the MB has the charging circuits instead of what I think is the case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi AWariah,

May I know how long you charge your unit in a day?
  • YwontItWork
    YwontItWork Member Posts: 1 New User
    my acer crombook keeps blinking blue then orange when plugged in
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Having that light blinking is usually an indicator the system thinks the battery is bad. Try the long pressed power button reset of thee battery to see if it clears up. It can also be a sign the battery is over charged and in that case you just need to drain the battery down a bit to get it working right again. If you have an always on USB port try plugging something into that for a while to drain it down some.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jamestracewell87
    jamestracewell87 Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have the same problem when i try and charge My ACER Chromebook. (Blue Light comes on For A Second Then Turns To A Blinking Orange.) I Tried taking out The Battery And Too See what happens, and it still does the Same Thing.