Win 11 install reverted, now not available as an update - AN515-56-58EE

AusUser9
AusUser9 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Windows 11
As part of the initial install of windows for my AN515-56-58EE I selected Windows 11. The install appeared to work (change in desktop UI), however after installing further driver updates from windows updates, the system would not boot. Using the recovery process I restored to the previous version. I've updated all my drivers and there are no further updates pending, however I'm not seeing the option to upgrade to Windows 11 even though my CPU is 11th Gen. There is only a option to "check my hardware"

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @AusUser9 you can update to Windows 11 using Windows 11 update assistant on Microsoft website.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It will eventually offer it to you again via Windows Update, but because of the revert it moved you back in the queue. You can do as suggested and just update manually or wait for the offer to reappear in a few weeks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AusUser9 said:
    As part of the initial install of windows for my AN515-56-58EE I selected Windows 11. The install appeared to work (change in desktop UI), however after installing further driver updates from windows updates, the system would not boot. Using the recovery process I restored to the previous version. I've updated all my drivers and there are no further updates pending, however I'm not seeing the option to upgrade to Windows 11 even though my CPU is 11th Gen. There is only a option to "check my hardware"

(​//Edited the content to add model name)
    In my AN515-56 as its an i7 the Win-11 update came up straight away when doing the Win-10 updates but, I did n't go ahead with that I did a clean install as it works much better than an upgrade with a brand new laptop. Also Win-11 has allot of bugs and settings failures etc etc but Win-10 had less bugs than Win-11, its the usual thing from Microsoft with all their new releases so don't get alarmed. Also don't upgrade the Bluetooth driver to the new Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11 version: 22.110.2.1 use the Acer version 22.40.0.2 as that works while the new one does not and I have a brand new JBL headphones and its impossible to connect anything with the version: 22.110.2.1. So there you have it as we will go with Win-11 like all thei OS's and we will be used as their test beds =)