I updated to Windows 11 then realized my speakers became muffled Helios 300 (PH315-53-527E

Vivill
Vivill Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2022 in Windows 11
Hi,

I have a 6 month old Predator Helios 300 (PH315-53-527E) that I updated to Windows 11 about a week ago.  I just noticed a few days back that my speakers sound muffled all of a sudden.  Knowing that this can be a common issue when updating Windows - I updated my Realtek Speaker Driver thru Device Manager, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and went to the Acer Website for the latest Audio drive for Realtek.  The Troubleshoot option from Windows doesn't help either.  It just tells me to disable Audio Enhancements which I've already done.  I still have muffled speaker sounds.  My earphones work fine tho.  I've also reverted back to Windows 10 but the problem still persists.  

I don't use my speakers very often, btw.  So I don't believe I might've "busted" my speakers.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @Vivill do you still have the DTS app? if yes, try to switch sound mode to automatic or music.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Vivill
    edited January 2022
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Vivill do you still have the DTS app? if yes, try to switch sound mode to automatic or music.

Hi, thanks for the answer.  I still have the DTS:X Ultra App and upon opening it was set already to Music.  I tried all the other settings, there were differences in the sound but all still remains muffled. 

I still tried updating / reinstalling Realtek Drivers, btw and noticed that these errors appear on the Device Manager > Events Tab.  I don't know if these are relevant to the problem... I'll put it in here anyway 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @Vivill maybe you can try to download the audio driver from the support page one more time and reinstall it.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Vivill
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Vivill maybe you can try to download the audio driver from the support page one more time and reinstall it.
    I've no choice but to keep on trying out different versions of the driver til I get the right one.  Thanks for trying to help! :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Intel recently updated the Realtek audio drivers, try installing from their site.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vivill
    billsey said:
    Intel recently updated the Realtek audio drivers, try installing from their site.
    Hey, I've tried this recently as well. Still didn't work.  Maybe I'll just wait for another update in Windows or with the drivers.  Thanks for the answer!