Charger for Spin 3 SP313-51N-50R3

DaveM4785
DaveM4785 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
I need a 2nd charger for my Spin 3 SP313-51N-50R3. Can anyone provide specs and/or model number for a charger that will work with the DC "barrel plug" socket instead of a USB-C socket? Mine came with a USB-C charger, but I frequently use both USB-ports. Searching Acer's Accessories page with the laptop model number does not show anything.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the 65W one is correct for your machine. The 45W is too small. The actual Acer part numbers are: KP.06501.017, KP.06503.020, KP.06501.012, KP.06503.018, KP.0650H.013 or KP.06501.015. As you can see Acer sourced them from multiple vendors. The numbers I gave you earlier were the specs, not the part numbers. 65W @ 19V with a barrel connector that is 3mm in diameter, has a 1.1mm hole in it and is 7.7mm long.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited January 2022
    DaveM4785

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  They will provide more details about the adapter.   You can buy the adapter from the Acer store.

For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    The key specs you are looking for are: 65W 19V 1.1X3.0X7.7. Note that some third party supplies will have a 1.35mm center hole and that will have issues in getting the center electrode pulled up snug in the hole, so make sure you get the 1.1mm instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DaveM4785

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    The key specs you are looking for are: 65W 19V 1.1X3.0X7.7. Note that some third party supplies will have a 1.35mm center hole and that will have issues in getting the center electrode pulled up snug in the hole, so make sure you get the 1.1mm instead.
    I can not find anything with part number "1.1X3.0X7.7" part number on Acer's web site.

Are either of these chargers from the Acer Accessories web page compatible with my Spin 3 SP313-51N-50R3 laptop? And how long are the cables?

65W Adapter kit with Power Cord (Small Pin) $19.99
    Part Number AK.065AP.200
    https://store.acer.com/en-us/ak-065ap-200

or

45W Adapter with Power Cord (Small Pin) $29.99
    Part Number AK.045AP.075
    https://store.acer.com/en-us/45w-adapter-with-power-cord-small-pin

The specs for the chargers do not list compatibility for any Acer laptops, and the specs for my SP313-51N-50R3 does not list charger part numbers. I need a longer cable than the one that came with it.

I called Acer Tech Support and asked them about compatibility. They had no clue about the chargers on the Acer Accessories web page and said they could only support the charger that came with the laptop. I have talked to Acer Sales. All they did was refer me to a third party called "Capitol Data" (apparently an Acer distributor) in Michigan that wanted to charge $49.99 for a charger. Neither Acer Sales or Capitol Data could give me the part number to order from Acer's accessories web site.

Specs for 3rd party brands on Amazon and Newegg tell me that I need a 3mm diameter plug. There is nothing on the Acer Accessories web page listing anything other than "small pin" for the connector size.

I am getting EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with this issue because no one at Acer seems to know or care to answer a simple question regarding compatibility of two products sold by Acer. At least @billsey tried, but I can't find anything for his part number. I will not buy a third party manufacturer's charger for a brand new out of the box laptop. This is the third Acer laptop I have bought going back to 2013, and this problem makes me think it should be my last Acer. I am still within the 30-day refund period. If no one is willing and able to answer such a simple question, this laptop is going back for a refund.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the 65W one is correct for your machine. The 45W is too small. The actual Acer part numbers are: KP.06501.017, KP.06503.020, KP.06501.012, KP.06503.018, KP.0650H.013 or KP.06501.015. As you can see Acer sourced them from multiple vendors. The numbers I gave you earlier were the specs, not the part numbers. 65W @ 19V with a barrel connector that is 3mm in diameter, has a 1.1mm hole in it and is 7.7mm long.
  • DaveM4785

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    I can not find anything with part number "1.1X3.0X7.7" part number on Acer's web site.

Are either of these chargers from the Acer Accessories web page compatible with my Spin 3 SP313-51N-50R3 laptop? And how long are the cables?

65W Adapter kit with Power Cord (Small Pin) $19.99
    Part Number AK.065AP.200
    https://store.acer.com/en-us/ak-065ap-200

or

45W Adapter with Power Cord (Small Pin) $29.99
    Part Number AK.045AP.075
    https://store.acer.com/en-us/45w-adapter-with-power-cord-small-pin

The specs for the chargers do not list compatibility for any Acer laptops, and the specs for my SP313-51N-50R3 does not list charger part numbers. I need a longer cable than the one that came with it.

I called Acer Tech Support and asked them about compatibility. They had no clue about the chargers on the Acer Accessories web page and said they could only support the charger that came with the laptop. I have talked to Acer Sales. All they did was refer me to a third party called "Capitol Data" (apparently an Acer distributor) in Michigan that wanted to charge $49.99 for a charger. Neither Acer Sales or Capitol Data could give me the part number to order from Acer's accessories web site.

Specs for 3rd party brands on Amazon and Newegg tell me that I need a 3mm diameter plug. There is nothing on the Acer Accessories web page listing anything other than "small pin" for the connector size.

I am getting EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with this issue because no one at Acer seems to know or care to answer a simple question regarding compatibility of two products sold by Acer. At least @billsey tried, but I can't find anything for his part number. I will not buy a third party manufacturer's charger for a brand new out of the box laptop. This is the third Acer laptop I have bought going back to 2013, and this problem makes me think it should be my last Acer. I am still within the 30-day refund period. If no one is willing and able to answer such a simple question, this laptop is going back for a refund.