Acer XB323UGP - Vertical lines, Flickering Not just lines, but freezing pixels and flickering.

Answers

• Ithildae
    Ithildae Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    edited December 2021
    Dean478 said:
    But after 2 weeks I've already replaced it
    I have a hard time finding a 32'', QHD, HDR, >=144 Hz, G-Sync compatible monitor with VESA-mount.

What is your alternative?
  • Dean478
    Dean478 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Ithildae said:
    Dean478 said:
    But after 2 weeks I've already replaced it
    I have a hard time finding a 32'', QHD, HDR, >=144 Hz, G-Sync compatible monitor with VESA-mount.

What is your alternative?
    Yep, there is just nothing out there. There is an ASUS ROG model that is similar, but I haven't seen them in stock for some time. I went back to my old ACER X34 ultrawide. I'll give the 32" HDR screens a miss for now, especially after this experience.
  • NothingToDoHere
    NothingToDoHere Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Ithildae said:
    omg, the replacement is even worse!

Yeah, this is exactly like my issue! 🤦‍♂️

Why Acer not trying to fix the issue globally? This is definitely a faulty model, not just a faulty unit here and there. It's much more massive issue.
  • Ithildae
    I wonder why here are no Acer employees trying to help at all in the acer forum. I'd expect an "We're working on an firmware update that comes this month. Please don't return your unit until you experienced our update".

At least I have now time till end of january because of Amazon's generous return politcy without having the strugle going through "repairs".
  • NothingToDoHere
    Ithildae said:
    I wonder why here are no Acer employees trying to help at all in the acer forum. I'd expect an "We're working on an firmware update that comes this month. Please don't return your unit until you experienced our update".

At least I have now time till end of january because of Amazon's generous return politcy without having the strugle going through "repairs".
    And there is no way to directly contact Acer in many regions with all their market share, all their Social Media fancy posts, they are one-way company at its finest. They don't even pretend to be here.
  • Ithildae
    Is anyone of you guys using the "Dark Reader" AddOn?

I can reproduce the error now at 100% chance every time I open this website: https://www.funkbasis.de/viewtopic.php?t=42786

But I have to have the Dark Reader AddOn activated with following settings: Mode Dark, Brightness -20, Contrast +15, Sepia off, Grayscale +5.

I tried Chrome and Firefox, both with the same result.
  • raest
    raest Member Posts: 1 New User
    Add another one to the list

Seriously disappointed with the issue, and even more by the total lack of acknowledgement of the issue by Acer itself. if the same Asus monitor doesn't have it, it's obviously not an issue with the panel itself and should be fixable (hopefully)

between this, and the recent firey smokey reports on other models, i'm considering returning for a refund (if it weren't such a colossal pain to return such a huge package) and never look at an Acer product again. simply unacceptable
  • Akrenym
    Akrenym Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Z1 has green vertical lines on the left half of the screen, sometimes. It has something to do with the ac adapter. The connection, although snug, does produce strange effects on the screen if jostled just right, sometimes resetting it to the Predator screen. And where is the serial number on the back of the monitor. I can't find it.
  • Ithildae
    edited January 2022
    Akrenym said:
    And where is the serial number on the back of the monitor. I can't find it.

Ont the sticker below the power socket. You can also use the Acer Display Widget to find the number.
  • NothingToDoHere
    Finally, the monitor has been approved for Full Refund. They kinda tried to fix it, which was obviously pointless, since replacements are facing the same issue.

It took another 30 days for the service, the refund itself will take about 14 days, but still worth it.
  • Dean478

Tinkerer

Took 2 months to get mine back only for ACER to turn around and say they can't replicate the issue and tried to pin it on my GPU which is working fine... Of course, tried to prove it at the store but without my actual PC the issue wouldn't repeat.

Livid doesn't even begin to describe it. I won't touch another ACER product again...
  • NothingToDoHere
    edited January 2022
    Dean478 said:
    Took 2 months to get mine back only for ACER to turn around and say they can't replicate the issue and tried to pin it on my GPU which is working fine... Of course, tried to prove it at the store but without my actual PC the issue wouldn't repeat.

Livid doesn't even begin to describe it. I won't touch another ACER product again...

You can use my video as the proof. I have more of them and some videos have been sent to me by other Acer users. These lines and previous images are exactly the same.

The issue isn't related to GPU: when it occurs, you can even plug the monitor to another computer and the issue will be still visible.

https://youtu.be/Tf-5fQJVGJc
  • Skilltrain
    Skilltrain Member Posts: 2 New User
    After returning my monitor over 2 months ago to PLE computers in Australia I have today been notified that they have been credited so I can get a replacement or a full refund, seeing how others who have had new or repaired monitors are still suffering the same fate it looks like I shall be going to a different camp other than Acer for my 32" 1440p IPS enjoyment, Asus looks to be like the next best.
    Very unfortunate and disappointing.
  • NothingToDoHere
    edited January 2022
    The monitor has been fully refunded.

I bought a cheap and simple Dell S2721DGFA instead. It has less features (no predefined color modes, for example), but it works pretty good. And yes, it's smaller, but will be easier to move around, etc.

After all, it's obvious, that Acer made an incredible monitor with tons of features – a pleasure, when it works. But it failed too many people with this glitch. 
  • Edge74
    Edge74 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2022
    For those still in pain with this monitor, some interesting clues from person with same issue.

I found a web page which served me as a reliable trigger for getting the lines and flickering on.
    I'm using Edge(Chromium), dark mode. 
    Block 10 APG-70 Radar Flashcards | Quizlet

Cable type (DP including those expensive with v1.4 markings, does not help), relocating DP away from power supply, USB and network cables, also a dud).
    Vertical frequency, lowering to 60Hz or setting up a custom resolution, zero point.

Now, the blast.
    Nvidia control panel, Display section, Change resolution
    OUTPUT DYNAMIC RANGE - set to limited, lines/flickering - GONE

For some reason, monitor has a problem with the driver or it's out of specification for full dynamic range.

• Ithildae

Edge74 said:

For some reason, monitor has a problem with the driver or it's out of specification for full dynamic range.

I don't think so. I tried several computers with different graphic cards. I had this issue today again, not with my RTX 3080 via DP but with the Surface Pro via HDMI @ 60 FPS and Intel on-board graphics.

Btw. I have the third Acer XB323UGP now. Every device had the same issues that's why I'll send the third device also back this weekend and just ordered a 
    Viewsonic XG320Q
  • Ithildae
    I just made some more experiments before sending my third and last device back and if you let the problem-picture on the screen for a while (20 minutes or so) and then switch off the monitor, the burn-in stays even after an hour. So if you are looking into sending your device to Acer chances are good that they can see the error right after switching on the device.
  • Dean478

Tinkerer

Ithildae said:
    I just made some more experiments before sending my third and last device back and if you let the problem-picture on the screen for a while (20 minutes or so) and then switch off the monitor, the burn-in stays even after an hour. So if you are looking into sending your device to Acer chances are good that they can see the error right after switching on the device.
    Just out of curiousity, what operating system are you using? I'm starting to wonder if somehow Windows 11 and HDR are a factor as I'm always using these modes when I get the most issues. Although it doesn't have to be that mode but it's a great factor.
  • Ithildae
    Dean478 Windows 11 for the RTX3080-PC and Windows 10 for the Surface. The issue happened with and without HDR activated, mostly with HDR deactivated while browsing the web.
  • Ithildae
    omg ... update: The Viewsonic XG320Q has the exact same issue!