Can't start, Can't power off

Tao820
Tao820 Member Posts: 4 New User
It started cycling through a loop of showing the Acer power screen with the thinking circle below it. Then the screen would turn black. Then it would say Acer with preparing automatic repair below. Then screen would go black. It constantly just goes back and forth. I can't shut down the computer by holding down the power button for any different amount of timed intervals. The power button doesn't do anything. I've tried ALT F10. I've also tried pressing escape. I've pressed ctrl alt del also and that just causes the screen to go black faster. Ive also let it the battery completely die but the minute I charge it it starts cycling through this loop again. I know this model doesn't have a battery reset pinhole. If anyone has any advice I would be greatful.🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Best Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Tao820 maybe try to take the laptop apart and disconnect the keyboard cable.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    We really need to know what laptop you have. What OS is on it? What CPU/memory/drive does it have? You will likely need to create a Windows install flash drive, boot from it and run the diagnostics to figure out what has failed. Often this symptom is from a drive failure.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Tao820 maybe try to take the laptop apart and disconnect the keyboard cable.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    We really need to know what laptop you have. What OS is on it? What CPU/memory/drive does it have? You will likely need to create a Windows install flash drive, boot from it and run the diagnostics to figure out what has failed. Often this symptom is from a drive failure.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tao820
    I don't have the technology to do that. 
    I removed the battery and discharged it for 2 days, but the symptoms did not change.

I can't boot.  So it doesn't recognize the flash drive. 
    It cannot be returned to the factory default. 

I asked the BANANA store where I bought it, but he couldn't repair it. 
    He advised Acer to go. 
    Acer store said the os is broken and will be reinstalled.
  • billsey
    Let us know what happens when it's returned... I expect it will come back all fixed. :)
  • Tao820
    The power, volume and USB board were broken.  There was no need to reinstall the OS, and the USB board was replaced and it returned to normal. 
    I paid 920 baht for this work. 
    Thank you for your comments🙏
  • billsey
    Good to know, I wonder what caused it...