Windows security late loading when TPM is turned on Nitro 5 AN515-44

SunSetTR
SunSetTR Member Posts: 76 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 gaming pc. Windows security is loaded late when the computer is first turned on. It only happens on first boot. Windows security does not turn on late when the TPM is turned off. I get the solution by turning off fast startup from Windows or turning off the TPM. How can I solve this problem?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    When you say late loading is it failing to load or just being a bit slow?
  • SunSetTR
    edited January 2022
    Leostat said:
    When you say late loading is it failing to load or just being a bit slow?
    It loads a little slow. 

It loads faster after restarting the computer.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PYh0MiJaLnFRwEAxoSIeALS_4Dxb6uGV/view?usp=sharing
  • SunSetTR
    @Leostatwhat could be the problem?
  • Leostat
    I dont think there is one :)! It looks like its just enunerating the chip, and the reason its laoding faster when you reboot is the chip is already initalised kind if like if you have bitlocker and update / restart you dont need to re-enter the key as the module is primed to just provide the unlock key stright away

There isnt much you can do to speed up the bit! Its already "on" else windows wouldnt boot, its just the centre being a tad slow tis all, shouldnt effect anything else really
  • SunSetTR
    Yorumunuzu yazınLeostat said:
    I dont think there is one :)! It looks like its just enunerating the chip, and the reason its laoding faster when you reboot is the chip is already initalised kind if like if you have bitlocker and update / restart you dont need to re-enter the key as the module is primed to just provide the unlock key stright away

There isnt much you can do to speed up the bit! Its already "on" else windows wouldnt boot, its just the centre being a tad slow tis all, shouldnt effect anything else really
    Do you mean instant unlock screen? I do not understand you. Will it fix when I create a password or something? This is not the case with my friend who has the same computer.
  • Leostat
    I guess the other way of looking at it , is what doesn't work while that gui option isn't showing?

For the computer to boot it needs to ask the TPM to validate soemthing called secure boot, without it windows wouldn't load up and you wouldn't even get to the login screen ! 

If you turn a TPM off through the bios, it just doesn't do verification of the boot process, so it is a bit quicker. How have you been disabling the TPM? I didnt think it was user toggelable on the nitro series! 

• SunSetTR
    Leostat said:
    I guess the other way of looking at it , is what doesn't work while that gui option isn't showing?

For the computer to boot it needs to ask the TPM to validate soemthing called secure boot, without it windows wouldn't load up and you wouldn't even get to the login screen ! 

If you turn a TPM off through the bios, it just doesn't do verification of the boot process, so it is a bit quicker. How have you been disabling the TPM? I didnt think it was user toggelable on the nitro series! 

The security section opens when the BIOS password is set. In the Security section, there are TPM clearing and on/off settings. The security section also includes secure boot cleaning, setting and factory reset.
    I asked a different user with the same AN515-44 computer, he said the TPM loads fast on first boot.
    Is this the same for you? When TPM is enabled, you should ask other users if they are loading late.
    Also I can't use it properly in Windows 11. I'm getting a black screen error on Windows 11 startup.
    I'm trying to understand the other things you said, you say it's normal. If it is normal I wonder why it is fast in different users.
  • SunSetTR
    Leostat said:

The security section opens when the BIOS password is set. In the Security section, there are TPM clearing and on/off settings. The security section also includes secure boot cleaning, setting and factory reset.

I asked a different user with the same AN515-44 computer, he said the TPM loads fast on first boot.

Is this the same for you? When TPM is enabled, you should ask other users if they are loading late.

Also I can't use it properly in Windows 11. I'm getting a black screen error on Windows 11 startup.

I'm trying to understand the other things you said, you say it's normal. If it is normal I wonder why it is fast in different users.
  • Leostat
    I think the black screen wont be related to enumerating the TPM, the tpm appearing is just a gui thing as its already loaded by the time it gets to that as the TPM  is almost the first thing which gets used in booting the kernel if secure boot is on and being used, and windows defender also loads and starts before you even log in  ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/secure-the-windows-10-boot-process )

In your video it looks like windows is loaded by 7 seconds, which then trigers the start up. Is there anything else in your start up programs which is causing things to load slower?

And when you say a black screen error, what do you mean, as in there is an error code on a blvack screen?
  • SunSetTR
    Leostat said:
    I think the black screen wont be related to enumerating the TPM, the tpm appearing is just a gui thing as its already loaded by the time it gets to that as the TPM  is almost the first thing which gets used in booting the kernel if secure boot is on and being used, and windows defender also loads and starts before you even log in  ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/secure-the-windows-10-boot-process )

In your video it looks like windows is loaded by 7 seconds, which then trigers the start up. Is there anything else in your start up programs which is causing things to load slower?

And when you say a black screen error, what do you mean, as in there is an error code on a blvack screen?
    I get a black screen error in Windows 11 I did not encounter a black screen in Windows 10.

When I say black screen error, there is no text or anything, the screen is blank. Greeted with a blank screen followed by the Acer logo. 

Is it slow to boot? I think it boots faster than some newer computers. First boot starts in 7 seconds with BIOS timing. When I do not use the computer for a long time, the BIOS timing takes 6 seconds. But my BIOS timing is 2.7 seconds for use during the day.

I don't know what GUI or anything else means. Windows security is loaded late on the first boot, if the computer is left on for a long time, it will be loaded again late.

If the TPM is loaded early, why is it slow on first boot? After rebooting everything loads fine. Even the About Windows section is slow to load.

Please let me know if there is a problem with my computer.

• Leostat
    Thats just how computers boot, the acer logo is the first thing the kernel does when it loads, so if your pc never did that it could be that you were suspending windows 10 while shutting down 11? 

Fastboot may have changed in the bios, if its on it increaes the boot up speed and reduces the time that there is no output

GUI is graphical user interface, the tpm is not being slow to load, just the graphical representation of the tpm, i really dont think theres a problem! you could try re installing windows to see if it loads differntly. the fact windows is loading means the tpm is working 

Unless you mean the screen is going black while using it, and its rebooting?

• SunSetTR
    Leostat said:
    Thats just how computers boot, the acer logo is the first thing the kernel does when it loads, so if your pc never did that it could be that you were suspending windows 10 while shutting down 11? 

Fastboot may have changed in the bios, if its on it increaes the boot up speed and reduces the time that there is no output

GUI is graphical user interface, the tpm is not being slow to load, just the graphical representation of the tpm, i really dont think theres a problem! you could try re installing windows to see if it loads differntly. the fact windows is loading means the tpm is working 

Unless you mean the screen is going black while using it, and its rebooting?

I did what you said, it didn't help. I tried turning fast boot on and off. I guess I have to wait for the BIOS update. I'll try again when the BIOS update comes.

They say it loads fast with the same computer model. I guess it's in the BIOS software or something is causing it.
  • SunSetTR
    @LeostatIs downgrading the BIOS harmful? There are Acer BIOS downgrade methods on the internet, it was downgrading by turning off version control.

- When using Windows 11, it was stuck on a black screen on first boot.
  • Leostat
    Eh ish , they are not officially supported, so the chance of it foo-baring the install is higher
  • SunSetTR
    @Leostat I downgrade the BIOS version. Then I upgraded it back to the updated BIOS version. I made sure my battery was full before doing this. I reset the BIOS settings and did a fresh install of Windows 10. But still the same problem persists. He says that some Nitro 5 users do not have such a problem. Is there a problem with my motherboard?
  • Try unplugging the lithium battery and the rtc battery, so that the bios goes back to its default setting:

This might solve the tpm chip problem.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)