Can I Upgrade the GPU of my Acer Aspire 3 (A315-42)

megalorax
megalorax Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I bought my Acer Aspire 3 (A315-42) last year. 

I was wondering if it will be VR ready if I upgrade the GPU and possibly the storage and ram also.

Or is the effort not worth it and just buy a higher spec laptop?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry the GPU is in the form of an integrated processor chip soldered to the mainboard and cannot be replaced. You can have up to two 16GB DDR4 sodimms  for a total of 32GB RAM. You should be able to add either an m.2 SSD or 2.5" HDD/SDD up to 2TB size with no issues or replace whatever SSD or HDD you have in there now for a bigger SSD or HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Theawillson
    Theawillson Member Posts: 3 New User
    yes you can upgrade it and some updated data occure
  • TommyDigal
    TommyDigal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Brother you have to sell this laptop and buy a gamming pc because PC's are cheaper than laptops and you can also update any part of your PC either changing total PC.
  • nihachi
    nihachi Member Posts: 2 New User
    hey guys try to visit my question here. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/637043/my-nitro-an515-55-screen-not-working 

i really need help.
  • JackE
    Sorry the GPU is in the form of an integrated processor chip soldered to the mainboard and cannot be replaced. But you can have up to two 16GB DDR4 sodimms  for a total of 32GB RAM. You should be able to add either an m.2 SSD or 2.5" HDD/SDD up to 2TB size with no issues or replace whatever SSD or HDD you have in there now for a bigger SSD or HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• williamjhons
    williamjhons Member Posts: 1 New User
    There are two RAM that fit DDR4 memory modules. Additionally, you are able to put a 2.5″ SATA drive as well as an SSD.
  • patgarton
    patgarton Member Posts: 1 New User
    Update feature can come to the party in this regard.
  • saimjackson
    saimjackson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Of course you can update.
  • kambohs
    kambohs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Even after clicking on the yes option from the error box, it will not disappear. The error occurs with a file named “settingsynchost.exe.” Apart from that, you will have the error because of the current theme that you are using.
  • kambohs
    kambohs Member Posts: 2 New User
    The active theme is glitching, due to which you are facing a particular error. There are several windows 7,8 and 10 users who managed to solve the issue by changing the active theme and removing the leftover folders from your computer.
  • Neelp120
    Neelp120 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Shop the best fitness band under 2000 in india to get your gym routine on track. Buy the best fitness tracker! Avail the best best fitness band under 2000 in india to get your gym routine on track. Buy the best fitness tracker! best fitness tracker under 2000
  • johnchris
    johnchris Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also want to update but on cheap rates.
  • JackE
    Sorry the GPU is in the form of an integrated processor chip soldered to the mainboard and cannot be replaced. But you can have up to two 16GB DDR4 sodimms  for a total of 32GB RAM. You should be able to add either an m.2 SSD or 2.5" HDD/SDD up to 2TB size with no issues or replace whatever SSD or HDD you have in there now for a bigger SSD or HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rioconway
    rioconway Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes You can upgrade it if you want..
  • rioconway
    rioconway Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes you can upgrade it.
  • rohitjadhav1
    rohitjadhav1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Get the best home appliances reviews, best kitchen appliances reviews, best electronic reviews site etc. best product review sites
  • JackE

Jack E/NJ

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited February 2022
    Need to know the product id but a NX.HF9AA.003 (A315-42-R1PL) has a AMD Ryzen 5 3500U CPU with Radeon™ Vega 8 integrated GPU. This is really a very powerful system already and approved for Windows 11.

BTW "Speaking of vega 8 graphics, mostly found in ryzen 5 3500u, is really a capable processor with nice GPU(vega 8 graphics). And YES it is possible to play GTA 5 on ryzen 5 3500u with vega 8 graphics but make sure the settings be at 1080p low graphics settings (can expect fps more than 35+). The game won't lag."

Why do you want to change ?

• JackE

Check date & flagged reponses in this thread.

Jack E/NJ

• tylerpage
    tylerpage Member Posts: 1 New User

No. It’s not.

All current laptop processors are soldered and cannot be upgraded. Furthermore, the Pentium Silver N5000 inside that laptop is an Intel Atom SoC which is only meant for light use cases such as web browsing, office work or multimedia playback.

Intel Atom chips are designed for low power and thus use weak cores compared to the Core i series which are geared towards performance. This is why a lot of cheap low end laptops use Atoms.

This discussion has been closed.