Aspire 5 How do I select text using the touchpad?

Kassen
Kassen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I feel stupid asking this but I've searched and can't find an answer anywhere.
I don't want to use a mouse. So how do I select text to copy and paste when using the Acer Aspire 5 touchpad?
I can double tap to select a word but how do I control my selection, in the way I would by clicking and holding the mouse button down while I drag to select? I had two mouse buttons adjacent to the touchpad on my last laptop and I'm lost without them!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just bring cursor to the start of text. Then press and hold finger on lower left side of touchpad and slide your finger to the right without lifting your finger off the touchpad. A bit clumsier than a mouse but some folks apparently get used to it. Not me though! :)  

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just bring cursor to the start of text. Then press and hold finger on lower left side of touchpad and slide your finger to the right without lifting your finger off the touchpad. A bit clumsier than a mouse but some folks apparently get used to it. Not me though! :)  

Jack E/NJ

• Kassen
    Kassen Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Ah, Invisible buttons! I was right to feel stupid but thanks so much for your help. :)