Acer switch 10 SW5-012 can’t select uefi file as trusted, and change uefi to legacy

Greedie
Greedie Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Switch Series
I found my old acer switch 10 SW5-012, and I want to install windows 8.1, or Linux mint, but in bios menu I don’t have options to set uefi file as trusted, and also can’t change uefi to legacy, what I should to do? There are already installed 8.1, but I don’t know password, I selected a supervisor password and user password, but don’t have many options in security. also, in boot mode, laptop doesn’t see usb drive, there a Linux mint 32bit, please can you help with select best system, which will work and help with problems? Please, thank you.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Greedie
    Like this, also I use usb to micro-usb adapter, to load from usb drive 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    How are you creating the USB drive / what options are you using to burn it? it should just work off the bat
  • Greedie
    edited January 2022
    Leostat said:
    How are you creating the USB drive / what options are you using to burn it? it should just work off the bat
    I am using rufus, and Os was downloaded from official site.
    But I pressed restart+shift and with windows menu reset password.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    What options within rufus :)?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You really don't want Legacy mode for either Windows 8 or Ubuntu. Disable Secure Boot and you won't have to set the EFI file as trusted for the install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GIRISHKUMAR
    GIRISHKUMAR Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have acer aspire switch 10 SW-5-012  i have deleted the partition to load windows 8.1 as previous was corrupted now it show me the message on screen " default Boot device missing or Boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key than select boot manager to choose a new boot device or boot recovery media" i am using bootable usb created with rufus with mbr, still dose not boot from usb pendrive can some one help me with this. thankyou  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It's the MBR setup on your flash drive. The SW5-012 came with a new enough OS originally to support a UEFI boot, so you need to have Rufus do a GPT setting on the flash drive instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.