is Integrated Intel Graphics and a PCIe Video card to power 3 monitors? Acer Aspire TC-875

daviceroy
daviceroy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
The Integrated Graphics card was doing great handling 2 monitors.  So, in my eternal greediness for more Desktop space, I bought a PCI Video Card to install to have a 3rd monitor.  I've done this with other computers.  However, when I installed it on my Acer Aspire TC-875, the only video is being pushed via the installed card and neither display on the integrated card is working anymore.  Any possible solutions so I can get 3 monitors working?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @daviceroy

Aspire TC-875 ( don't know the sub-model number) should have two HDMI ports from on-board graphics. When a dedicated graphics card is inserted to the x16 slot, the on-board graphics will be disabled, that is why no outputs from the integrated graphics.

If your dedicated graphics card has three output ports and the PSU provides enough wattage to the graphics card, you should be able to use three displays from the graphics card.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @daviceroy

Aspire TC-875 ( don't know the sub-model number) should have two HDMI ports from on-board graphics. When a dedicated graphics card is inserted to the x16 slot, the on-board graphics will be disabled, that is why no outputs from the integrated graphics.

If your dedicated graphics card has three output ports and the PSU provides enough wattage to the graphics card, you should be able to use three displays from the graphics card.
  • daviceroy
    daviceroy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you.  I was hoping that I could use the onboard plus the video card.  That answers the question and I'll have to look into another solution.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Most GPU cards have three or more ports on them, did yours only have one? :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.