Need help nitro 5 AN515-54 charging port stoped working

Dragonruler
Dragonruler Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hey there does anyone know how hard it is to replace my acer nitro 5 AN515-54 gaming laptop charging port cause my charging port stoped working and i wanna replace it myself when i open my laptop up i see the charging port there on top,so looks easy to replace but scared to get it out cause may damage it anyone know how hard it is to get it out and to replace it with a new one,is it holded on by clamps that u undo or is it soldiered to the mother board not sure how to get it out to replace

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Hey there does anyone know how hard it is to replace my acer nitro 5 AN515-54 gaming laptop charging port cause my charging port stoped working and i wanna replace it myself when i open my laptop up i see the charging port there on top,so looks easy to replace but scared to get it out cause may damage it anyone know how hard it is to get it out and to replace it with a new one,is it holded on by clamps that u undo or is it soldiered to the mother board not sure how to get it out to replace

The laptops right side DC-IN port (check the Wattage also as there are two) is a PnP (plug and play) type and connects to the motherboard internally and its not hard to do. You have to first open the lower case and then fit the new DC-IN plug/cable, see below. Make sure that its not the internal charging circuitries also that are aiusing your problems and also check your charger/adaptor if it doesn’t switch off (as that is a safety) with all charging/adaptors if there is an internal or DC-IN plug short, check all that as DC-IN cables don’t go wrong only the external side DC plug wears out.

DC plug/wire details

DC-IN cable at right top side of laptop. When back case is opened its on the left top side.

Opening back case  

• Dragonruler

Tinkerer

thanks u! but i bought the exact model charging port wire to fit mine but for some reason it looks longer then the one thats in it why would th new one look longer?
  • Dragonruler

Tinkerer

can someone send me a link for the correct part to order i need the correct power jack for my pc so it can charge good my laptop model is AN515-54 acer nitro gaming laptop
  • Dragonruler

Tinkerer

thank u hope someone can give me a link to order the correct part
  • Have you tested the power adapter and dcin connector with a multimeter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dragonruler

Tinkerer

thanks everyone for helping! but i have another problem now,im gonna install the part now myself but im not sure what i need to unscrew these kind of screws i tried every screw driver and not sure what screw driver i need for these screws let me know thanks
  • You need this type of phillips screwdriver:
    Kit Ferramentas Chaves 31 Torx Philips Celular Notebook Pc - Smart -  Ferramentas Pneumticas - Magazine Luiza

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dragonruler

Tinkerer

thanks that helped alot!
  • Dragonruler

Tinkerer

hello there ya all been great help thank u! but i notice something is holding the charge part piece down that i want to take out and replace with a new one looks like a black piece of tape or something can i just cut that tape off to take the peice out? do i cut off that tape to take it out?
  • It is a tape that holds the dcin cable. You can indeed remove it. But remove carefully!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    First disconnect this cable:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dragonruler

Tinkerer

thank u! ya all been great help,but i have another problem now,so i replaced the charging port myself and its brand new,and also i got a new power adapter,its new but it does the same thing! it still wont charge good,when i move my laptop or wiggle the wire it does same thing lose connection i have to  bend the wire a certain way for it to charge,so what else could be causing that?
  • Have you checked the battery wear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dragonruler

Tinkerer

hey no i havnt checked the battery yet do u think it could be the batttery?
  • Yes, it is possible!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer