Acer Swift SF514-53T does not detect wifi network anymore

Nic358
Nic358 Member Posts: 4 New User
My laptop does not detect wifi network anymore. I fixed the problem a first time 4 days ago by doing a "network reset". It worked but 3 days later the same issue happened again. I tried the same method to fix it but this time it did not work. This message is displayed: "Intel wireless-AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problem". I tried to re-install the wireless LAN driver (downloading the one recommended for my laptop) but it did not work either. 

Best Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It sounds as if the card has failed then, the card does both WiFi and Bluetooth.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it's not too tough to replace and fairly inexpensive. The card itself is an M.2 form factor. The stock card is an Intel 802.11ac and you could replace it with either the same or one of their newer 802.11ax cards. The case bottom is held in place with eleven Torx screws and once it's off you can see the WLAN card next to the fan. There are two antenna wires going to it and a single philips screw holding it in place. When you remove the screw the socket will lift the card to an angle, just pull it off and put the new one in the same place, then push it down flat and put the screw back in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Nic358
    @AnhEZ28 thanks a lot for your quick response. I tried the driver you sent me, after uninstalling the old one, but it is still not working. When i go to the device manager, it is indicated that the intel wireless AC 9560 cannot start. I also noticed that i can't even connect my laptop to bluetooth. I also tried to share the mobile data of my android phone via usb cable but it didn't work either.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    It sounds as if the card has failed then, the card does both WiFi and Bluetooth.
  • Nic358
    @billsey thank you for your response. What should i do if it's a failure of the card? Is it easy to replace? Or is it better to purchase a USB wifi adaptor?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it's not too tough to replace and fairly inexpensive. The card itself is an M.2 form factor. The stock card is an Intel 802.11ac and you could replace it with either the same or one of their newer 802.11ax cards. The case bottom is held in place with eleven Torx screws and once it's off you can see the WLAN card next to the fan. There are two antenna wires going to it and a single philips screw holding it in place. When you remove the screw the socket will lift the card to an angle, just pull it off and put the new one in the same place, then push it down flat and put the screw back in.
  • Nic358
    @billsey thank you so much for this detailed response. I will order the card now and try to replace it.
  • billsey
    Let us know how well it works out.