color quality issues when playing videos nitro 5 an515-57

newbie18
newbie18 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
hi ! i just bought my acer nitro 5  an515-57 the display is good when playing games but when watching videos on youtube or netflix it seems like the color is doubled and somewhat yellowish ? the other part of the screen let say youtube, the color is fine except for the video that is playing , it tried multiple browsers, even on facebook the video quality is really bad. aside from that im also experiencing flickering of screen while playing pls help 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• I advise checking the bios version:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @newbie18,

Disable Night Mode

Another common reason for a yellow tint on your monitor is the Night light. When you enable this mode, it will turn off the bright blue light from the screen and display only warm colors to protect your eyes. ... Select the 'Display' tab on the left side. Toggle the Night light switch off.
  • Lor
    Lor Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem with the same model. I tried to do the suggestions here, but nothing happens. Have you fixed it? 

• amogus69420
    amogus69420 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i get like sometime watching videos on yt and like the colour is slightly to the side and not fully where its meant to be pls help
  • paxmahnhob
    paxmahnhob Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

light lime greenish, purple haze with vertically? and it's fix after restart? same here. any solution?

• Kuetch
    Kuetch Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same exact problem. Has anyone found a solution??

• paxmahnhob
    paxmahnhob Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Disable "browser hardware acceleration" in your browser settings.

• bredigian
    bredigian Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2023

Thanks, that worked for me. Has anyone tested if updating to BIOS version 1.19 is solved anyway, without having to disable hardware acceleration?