Brand new not turning onAcer Nitro 5 AN515-55 ?

xojasberry
xojasberry Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello,

My boyfriend and I just bought a Acer Nitro 5 laptop and upon unboxing it, it won't turn on. 

Does the battery have to charge first, or is the laptop faulty? :/

I never had to charge any laptop I ever got fully before it would turn on, but maybe that's a thing? 

{Edited the title to add model name}

Best Answer

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @xojasberry
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • xojasberry
    xojasberry Member Posts: 2 New User
    Where exactly is that pinhole? Because we can't find it ^^
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    It is a very small hole on the underside with a small battery symbol next to it but if you have a model with a removable battery it doesn't have one, instead unplug and press the power button for 12 seconds, plug in and try again. Also it is advised to charge all new laptops before turning on for the 1st time.
    What is your model number please
    For example AN515-**

Please click YES if I have solved your problem

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• BillNguyen
    BillNguyen Member Posts: 2 New User
    I bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 brand new but it doesn't turn on. Can someone give me a solution please
  • Meliodas_886
    Meliodas_886 Member Posts: 5 New User

Acer Nitro systems that have the AC adapter connection on the back use an improved AC adapter connection that helps secure the AC adapter. The adapter may feel like it is fully inserted, but requires a secondary push to fully seat the connection. You should hear a slight click when the AC adapter is fully inserted. Once the adapter is connected, make sure you orient it horizontally so it does not interfere with tilting this display as shown in the image below.

imagepng
    Hello sir,
                I have an Acer Aspire 7 and I tried to reset it. But when I try to factory reset with Alt+F10 it a blue screen appears saying "Your device needs repairs" and some options to retry, recovery options , startup settings and shutdown. Can you please help me on how to fix this. I know this is not the right place for posting this but I don't know how to start a new thread.
    Thank you.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Meliodas_886,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• Nicolem0
    Nicolem0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,

My boyfriend and I just bought a Acer Nitro 5 laptop and upon unboxing it, it won't turn on. 

Does the battery have to charge first, or is the laptop faulty? :/

I never had to charge any laptop I ever got fully before it would turn on, but maybe that's a thing? 

Regards, 
    Jas

HELLO I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHAT DID YOU DO ?? Did it work ?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Nicolem0,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • GoldLizard108
    GoldLizard108 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My acer nitro 5 charging light won’t turn on when plugged in for the first time. It has no pin hole and I have tried holding down the power button for both 12 and 15 seconds as it says but it still won’t charge. What should I do?
  • Stuart123456
    Stuart123456 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes just bought acer nitro 5, specs and appearance great. But we cant get to turn on. Power adapter is plugged in fully on a good powerpoint. 15 yr old not impressed as a christmas present
  • Belinda0448
    Belinda0448 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Stuart, I was wondering if you found a fix for this? I have had the exact same issue this morning. 
  • Dvsrunt
    Dvsrunt Member Posts: 2 New User
    We had the same issue! Don't panic! Plug it in and leave it alone for an hour. The light will not come on even if it's plugged in correct. Mine didn't. After an hour, it powered up. And he's off and running!
  • Dvsrunt
    Dvsrunt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Update! I realized playing with the charger it clicks twice when plugging in. Push hard. The light then came on.
  • Stuart123456
    Stuart123456 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2021
    All online comments talk about pushing in power lead firmly with a click. Actually there is a double click really push in power lead HARD..... i got mine to work. Thanks also to Harvey norman phone call on Boxing Day, saved me driving 2.5 hours back to store. Acer update your instructions being more forcefull than you would think required.
  • CrystalEclipse09
    CrystalEclipse09 Member Posts: 1 New User
    andylb said:
    It is a very small hole on the underside with a small battery symbol next to it but if you have a model with a removable battery it doesn't have one, instead unplug and press the power button for 12 seconds, plug in and try again. Also it is advised to charge all new laptops before turning on for the 1st time.
    What is your model number please
    For example AN515-**

Please click YES if I have solved your problem
    This one is really helpful. It is really worked 
  • Powerboatpix
    Powerboatpix Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a Nitro 5 and when I try to power up the red key board lights up and about a second later turns off. Next to where you plug the power cable in the blue power light is on. Anyone know how to fix this issue and get the laptop working please?
  • Bertin214
    Bertin214 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I see everybody has the same problem why dont you fix Acer? My laptop doesn’t turn on and the charger is plugged in all the way, it clicks when I plugged the charger to the back of the laptop and still no charging or start up
  • Deudo
    Deudo Member Posts: 1 New User
    ATTENTION: IF YOU'RE HAVING ISSUES WITH YOUR LAPTOP ON ARRIVAL READ THIS 
    If your Acer Nitro 5 Laptop isn't turning on, or taking charge this may be for you my guy.
    I consider myself to be a computer enthusiast and that I'd know when a laptop is bonked asf or broke 
    but there was a feature to this laptop that I mistook for it not taking charge, the relatively lame setup diagram shows 
    you how to plug in the charger, I did that at first in an outlet I had in my car (I was at work) and then tried at home 
    and neither time it would come on for me either.

TLDR Answer: Put the charger in the laptop make sure it's positioned like in the setup diagram (sideways) and push it in.
    After pushing it in Push it in a SECOND time, and it will have a little click. I don't know why the heck they designed it that way 
    but I was seriously about to blow some guys ear off on the phone at amazon about this laptop not working but now I have to 
    cancel my return i filed already. Hope that helps, I know I was FRUSTRATED, so I wanted to offer another person a chance.
  • Unreserved23
    Unreserved23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer Nitro 5 won't turn on, I tried to see if unplugging the battery and plugging it back in when I opened the cover on the bottom, that did nothing. I tried plugging it in until it clicked, still nothing. It starts to get warm when it's on like it does when it has the fans on and I'm playing some games, but it doesn't turn on. The little blue light that shows it's on is blue but the rest of the laptop is basically dead. It just turned off without warning and now it won't turn back on. I tried everything and it's been a whole day now. It's the AN515. Please help