I need help enabling acer touch screen. UT222Q

martinsocal
martinsocal Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2021 in Windows 10
I need help enabling touch feature of Acer UT222Q monitor on windows 10 Pro. I urgently need to install 8 of these monitors in a production/manufacturing line.

the monitor looks wonderful but the touch feature does not work.
The HID-compliant touch screen feature of non existent on windows and I have tried several solutions online like updating windows and using the device manager to "see"  HID-compliant touch screen, but none of it works.

I downloaded the Acer UT222Q driver but no luck. have you guys had any luck or know how to get windows to recognize the touch feature?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Do you have the proper cabling connected between the computer and monitor? Can you show us pics?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • martinsocal
    Yes, I have the Display port cable connected and the monitor turns on and looks great, its just the touch feature that's not working. 

This page has the driver, but says I need Serial I/O driver installed first, but I cant download it anywhere.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8774?b=1
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @martinsocal

I/o drivers is meant for the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers - Install the i/o drivers

After installing the i/o driver then install the display driver and monitor driver..  

Kindly check this.. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-windows-b774e29d-be94-990f-c20f-e02892e572fc

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• martinsocal
    Thank you, I did that but no luck. 
    you mention to install display driver and monitor driver, are those two different divers?

I tried to get I/O to install but then I get this error.

• Have you already tested it with another usb cable?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, the DisplayPort cable itself doesn't have any touchscreen info on it. You also have to have the USB cable connected to the computer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.