I cannot reset my pc

TylerL_7
TylerL_7 Member Posts: 6 New User
I’ve looked up countless videos on how to fix my problems. Every time I try and reset my pc it says recovery environment not found. I then search up how to enable recovery environment and nothing works when I try to fix that either. I cannot update windows either it always says update failed. My
pc doesn’t start up properly either I do believe this is because my windows is messed up.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited December 2021
    TylerL_7

I hope you are using Windows 10 and you are able to start the computer and you are able to see your regular desktop and icons...  If you are able to see your regular desktop and icons then please follow the steps given below  otherwise please let us know what happens when you turn on the computer.    Please provide the exact model no of your computer. 

You  can always  do a refresh and reset.   These are steps to do the refresh and reset .. 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove every thing

chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset  - It will be in progress

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost 

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• TylerL_7
    Does not work says recovery environment not found then when I try to boot windows via usb the usb doesn’t show in bios 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    What computer do you have? Which OS is installed? In most cases you use the BIOS to disable Secure Boot and enable the Boot Menu. That gets you to the point where you can use the boot menu to choose the flash drive as the boot device. Once you are booted into the install environment you can either do the reinstall or use the Repair options to fix what is going on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TylerL_7
    So I have to shut off secure boot in my bios for the usb flash drive to show up in my boot menu ? Because my boot menu was always on just unsure if my secure boot is on or off. Is there any tutorials/guides or even a video showing me what to do ?
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    TylerL_7

On bios - go to main 
    change f12 boot menu - enabled (  press enter on disabled and change it to enabled )
    Go to Boot -  Boot mode - uefi 
    secure boot - enabled
    f10 - save the changes 

While turning on the computer tap f12 - it will show you the boot menu - chose usb hdd - flash drive 

If it is not appearing then go to bios - go to boot option on the top - change the boot mode to legacy from uefi - save changes.. 

While turning on the computer tap f12 - it will show you the boot menu - chose usb hdd - flash drive  and check.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• TylerL_7
    This is what my bios looks like can’t seem to see my usb drive in my bios or half the stuff you’re talking about in my bios. It can’t be outdated due to me just updating it. 
  • billsey
    You won't see the USB drive in the BIOS. It will show up in the list in the Boot Menu. Press F12 (instead of F2) at the start of boot and the menu should appear.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TylerL_7
    I’ve tried this as well still doesn’t appear 
  • billsey
    So what does the boot menu show when you use F12 at powerup?
  • SilverFrost
    SilverFrost Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited December 2021
    TylerL_7 said:
    I’ve looked up countless videos on how to fix my problems. Every time I try and reset my pc it says recovery environment not found. I then search up how to enable recovery environment and nothing works when I try to fix that either. I cannot update windows either it always says update failed. My
    pc doesn’t start up properly either I do believe this is because my windows is messed up.
    Hi! Have you tried repairing Windows recovery environment via reagentc command line? Type in reagentc /repair. Once   repaired, key in reagentc /enable. That should allow you to create a recovery drive and reset the PC using that drive. 
  • TylerL_7
    Yes I’ve tried the reagentc command and still nothing and when I open my f12 menu it only shows my one drive 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @TylerL_7,

May I know the full model name of your unit.