Acer Aspire R3 131T - N15W5 upgraded with an SSD

MelinaParedes
MelinaParedes Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Can the the Acer Aspire R3 131T storage be upgraded with an SSD or an M.2? I opened my laptop and it doesn’t come with an HDD. 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Yes, you can connect a common 2.5" laptop SATA SSD or HDD that is 7mm thick to the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jdoubleet
    Jdoubleet Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Jack E this is so helpful, thank you but if you can see image by Melina there is a flat surface on that area no 17? How am i suppose to connect any hdd or sdd? Without a plug ? do i need to solder some plugs on motherboard? Please help! Thank you
  • JackE
    No soldering! Google search the HDD/SSD flexible flat ribbon cable part no. 50.G0YN1.004 for vendors who ship to your location. About $15usd. Plug the small end into the mainboard socket, plug the big end into the 2.5" HDD or SSD socket, immobilize and protect the drive inside the case with a few pieces of foam. Button the case back up. You're ready to go. :)

Jack E/NJ

• bakkenDan
    bakkenDan Member Posts: 2 New User
    I DON'T HAVE A #17 SLOT, WHAT NOW?

• bakkenDan
    bakkenDan Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the same issue. please help
  • JackE
    Post a phone photo of your mainboard. Show what is in the  #17 position just to the left of the RAM socket as shown below.

Jack E/NJ

• ZodiacLittlepaws
    ZodiacLittlepaws Member Posts: 1 New User
    So I was taking a look at my friends laptop and he doesn't have a connecter for an internal hdd/sdd, how is he supposed to install one without the port?

• JackE

Sorry if the HDD cable socket is missing, then a 2.5" SSD cannot be added. The emmc SSD also cannot be changed or upgraded since it is soldered to the mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.