windows 11 update option missing in settings after bios update - Aspire 7 A715-75G

badari259
badari259 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2021 in Windows 11
Hi, I updated the bios for my Aspire 7 A715-75G to version 2.06 from: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/8336?b=1 .
after the update, i am not seeing an option to update to windows 11. did i miss installing anything else?

TIA

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• You can click here to upgrade to windows 11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
    However, back up your files. My advice is that you keep windows 10 installed on the main partition and install windows 11 on another partition:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    My suggestion is first to create a Recovery Drive. I use a MicroSD 16GB card and then tape it to the laptop lid.
    Second, run PCHealthCheck is on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11 near the bottom of the page.
    Third if everything is OK can download and update to Win 11 from that same page (or create a flash drive for later use - 16GB is enough - will give the option). From what I can see your computer should be fine.

• badari259 said:
    Hi, I updated the bios for my Aspire 7 A715-75G to version 2.06 from: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/8336?b=1 .
    after the update, i am not seeing an option to update to windows 11. did i miss installing anything else?

TIA

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​
    Also and as an addtion badari259, the Windows Update page never ever is automatic it takes a few days to weeks to update in upgrade types fromMicrosoft with OS's and for a Win-11 type update to come up, it does not happen automatically!
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Which brings the question: Has anyone been offered a Win 11 update from inside Update ? I have only seen a notice that the PC is OK and update will be offered at some future time. For mine I just had it create a bootable flash drive. Works just fine but is quite insistent about Edge (I use Firefox/Thunderbird).
  • @padgettI received the option to update to windows 11 through windows update. But I always choose to run a cold install.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I have seen a few machines now where MS offered the update, though the four I have here at home all were updated manually.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.