ACER Swift 3 SF314-55G | Audio not working, device not found Will installing that fix my problem?

jerin_peter
jerin_peter Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
After a windows update the audio was really low on my laptop and I tried to install an audio driver from the acer website after which I am not able to hear audio from my speakers, it is saying the audio device is not detected, I tried reinstalling all the drivers, reset windows, reset windows removing everything and even tried installing another windows from a pendrive still my speaker is not working, I confirmed it's not hardware complaint as it is working in ubuntu (I have dual boot system).

is it possible to get the iso file of the windows that comes installed with the laptop with all the acer software as I currently lost that. Will installing that fix my problem? Or is there any other solution to this?
After reinstalling the windows even wifi is not working that is why I am asking for the factory windows iso file for my device

Thankyou
[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Are there any drivers with problems in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi jerin_peter,

Try to play with different media player and check. 
  • jerin_peter
    jerin_peter Member Posts: 2 New User
    My error is no audio output device is installed, I tried installing drivers again no use..the service center guys say that I have to fully wipe my ssd and reinstall winodows which will remove my ubuntu,which I don't want to is there any other way to fix this?

In device manager realtek audio will show up with exlamation symbol in the games and controller section and I am not able to update it via device manager?

Is this problem has something to do with my ubuntu? installation ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    What is the error message Device Manager has for that device?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manishdubey
    Manishdubey Member Posts: 1 New User
    My error is no audio output device is installed, I tried installing drivers again no use..the service center guys say that I have to fully wipe my ssd and reinstall winodows which will remove my ubuntu,which I don't want to is there any other way to fix this?

In device manager realtek audio will show up with exlamation symbol in the games and controller section and I am not able to update it via device manager?

Is this problem has something to do with my ubuntu? installation ?
    Did you issue got solved ?

• tokkot
    tokkot Member Posts: 1 New User

I had a very similar problem and what worked for me was installing an older version of the audio driver (6.0.1.8519). You can get that by searching for your model at https://www.acer.com/us-en/support and selecting "All".