How do I "enable notebook" for Whispermode 2.0 - Acer Nitro 5

wnce
wnce Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2021 in Nitro Gaming
When I first got my Acer Nitro 5, Whispermode 2.0 worked for 2-3 days then stopped working and popped on the side saying "not ready" with every requirement met
except for "enabled by notebook". How can I fix this?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @wnce,

Now, go to “Games” section and you'll notice the “Whisper Mode” option located on the right pane of the window. Click on the slider to enable this feature.

https://beebom.com/how-enable-nvidia-whisper-mode/#:~:text=Now, go to “Games”,slider to enable this feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XI5ali72l8
  • wnce
    wnce Member Posts: 2 New User
    Unfortunately there is no option for Whispermode under Games & Apps for me

• elijahbobcat
    elijahbobcat Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have been trying to figure that out to 

• tuga94lx
    tuga94lx Member Posts: 2 New User

@wnce hey there, i fixed the exact same issue on my laptop without doing anything sketchy and this your poblem is most likely something of this kind that if interfeering with the NVidia GeForce:

as you can see i own a ROG laptop and we have armoury crate (i believe ACER also has some similar software) and on the GPU Power Settings i had it on Standard and it would give me the same error on Whisper 2.0 just like you.

once i changed from Standard to Advanced it instantly refreshes the GeForce Experience app and the Whisper 2.0 becomes avaiable just like the following photos

• true2000
    true2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2022

step that i do:

1. Open NitroSense.
    2. Open GeForce Experience.
    3. Connect your AC Adapter to your Nitro 5.
    4. Click on the QUIET mode at NitroSense.
    5. It will shown WHISPER MODE : ON on the bottom left side of NitroSense window. (You can change it back to Default mode later).
    6. Check Geforce Experience. Turn on Whisper mode on the left side (under ingame overlay menu)
    7. Then, finished..

Thats how i do it.

Hope it helped..

• karan158
    karan158 Member Posts: 1 New User

System Model Nitro AN515-45

in this nitro sense interface is different that is why I can't enable by whisper mode .

please help I can't turn off it

so my fps stuck in 120

please help

• rami123456
    rami123456 Member Posts: 1 New User

i have same issue on my acer nitro an517-41 3070gpu, tried all methods above nothing really helped

• shiroviper
    shiroviper Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2023

We have some problem and my nitro sense did not have silent mode. The fix was I uninstall graphics driver and ge force exp using ddu, restart and install the OEM geforce exp and graphics driver first, then turn on/off in geforce exp app then update to latest graphics driver and geforce exp.

NOTE: YOU CAN'T ENABLE/DISABLE THE WHISPER MODE YOU UPDATE, BASICALLY YOU STUCK ON THAT OPTION FOREVER

• lolxd
    lolxd Member Posts: 1 New User

I have acer nitro 5 and I installed NitroSense, reinstalled GeForce Exp, googled it, and I can't find how to "open notebook" and "enable". I think its time to contact support.

• smitsars
    smitsars Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello guys. I read your discussion and tried all of your solution. 1 of them accidentally enabled the NVIDIA WHISPER MODE: ON notification on the NITROSENSE.

Here's the step I went through:
    1. Close your NITROSENSE
    2. Open your NVIDIA GeForce Experience
    3. Go to Settings (COGWHEEL)
    4. Go to GAMES&APPS
    5. Scan your Games
    6. After it finished scanning, Open your NITROSENSE
    7. Click on Quiet Mode

Worked on me. Have fun trying!

• smitsars
    smitsars Member Posts: 2 New User

I'd like to revise this step.