Battery discharging while gaming and on AC Nitro 5 AN517-41

Kobredabre
Kobredabre Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hello , laptop is Nitro 5 AN517-41 few months old. Laptop is on the AC adapter all the time but I usually keep battery level at the 80% charge through the Battery Charge Limit option in Acer Care Center app:

What I noticed few days ago (maybe happened before but I cannot say for sure) is that few minutes after I start gaming battery starts discharging. If I'm in the 100% charge battery will instantly drop to around 95% and then will start to charge slowly again to 100%. If I have enabled Battery Charge Limit option in Acer Care Center app then it will slowly start to drop even it is charging all the time:

but charging at low rates (regular charging value while not gaming is around 27k). After I stop gaming battery will charge back to full (or desired lvl) at normal rates. And, during all of these there are no changes in games like FPS drop or similar. 
I searched it a bit and and I found few answers that this is perfectly normal for these since system is needing that extra juice for these RTX graphic cards, which I can understand.
My question is, what will this do to the battery itself? For example, when Charge Limit option is ON, battery lamp is lit for a 10 seconds then off again and then on again after few minutes, and so on... it's like you are plugging and unplugging charging from the phone cable every few minutes? Which is horrible for the battery... Also battery discharging while charging will not bring anything good either I guess, and charging while gaming should also add few points to the system Temp overall....
Since this is a new laptop and under warranty is there a possibility of charger replace for a stronger one (this one is 180W), if that one will solve the issue? 

Tnx!

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Kobredabre,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Kobredabre
    Kobredabre Member Posts: 4 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi @Kobredabre,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    Hello @Easwar, thank you for stepping in :)

I already tried that (didn't wanted to make post too long xD). It doesn't find anything new, it says that I already have best drivers installed.
    Around that time that I noticed issue, I installed newer/latest version of AMD chipset driver so I tried to go back to the previous ones but with the same results.
    From the two months ago I'm on the Windows 11, patched with the latest updates...
    One question, since you suggested this do you think that battery discharge isn't exactly usual thing?