How to open CD/DVD ROM in acer one 14Z2-485 laptop?

shreyanshdas00
shreyanshdas00 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2021 in Windows 10
How to open CD/DVD ROM in acer one 14Z2-485 laptop? The CD/DVD Drive does not open, neither does it show up in file explorer.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Should be a little button on it to pop it open, if its not showing in explorer it may have dropped off for some reason. if you head to start -> device manager there should be a heading called CD/DVD drives. Does it show in there?

If you cant locate that folder in device manager, it means windows cant see the hardware
  • shreyanshdas00
    shreyanshdas00 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2021
    Leostat said:
    Should be a little button on it to pop it open, if its not showing in explorer it may have dropped off for some reason. if you head to start -> device manager there should be a heading called CD/DVD drives. Does it show in there?

If you cant locate that folder in device manager, it means windows cant see the hardware
    @Le@Leostat  
    Thanks for the reply. I checked in the device manager window, the drivers are not showing up there either. How can i fix this?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    If its not showing in device manager , try selecting show hidden devices, or check for any which show as unknown (a magnifying glass / blue letter i) warning (yellow triangle) or error ( red triangle )

If there arnt any you can try to add it manually by hitting the scan for new devices.

If it still doesnt show, you will want to head into the BIOS to see if its listed there, you do this by restarting and mashing F2 (i think, it may also be on F10 or F12). In there, there should be a tab which shows what drives are in the laptop, hopefully it shows in there.

You dont need to change anything in there, so once you have a look you can either just hit cntrl+alt+del to reboot, or head to the last tab and exit not saving changes  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If it doesn't show in Device Manager or in the BIOS as suggested, the drive may have failed. I don't have access to a service guide for the Z2-485 models since they weren't sold in the US or Canada, but it's possible there is a cable between the MB and drive, in which case it might just be disconnected.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @shreyanshdas00,

check this

How To Open and Close Optical Disc Drive Without Touching It