nitro 5 515 45 How long will my laptop last if it continues like this ..

Dvladimiroski
Dvladimiroski Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi guys, i got acer nitro 5 515 45 2 months ago and i've noticed that while playing rdr 2 or Horizon Zero Dawn the temperatures cna reach 88-90 and stay in that range (never exceeds 90 tho).
Is damage being done while playing with these temperatures? (i usually play for 4-5 hours when i sit down to play).

Answers

• Hi guys, i got acer nitro 5 515 45 2 months ago and i've noticed that while playing rdr 2 or Horizon Zero Dawn the temperatures cna reach 88-90 and stay in that range (never exceeds 90 tho).
    Is damage being done while playing with these temperatures? (i usually play for 4-5 hours when i sit down to play).

Note: that a 2 months old laptop is under warrant! Take your laptop to Acer Service and get them to solve this problem for you and repaste your laptop under warranty, as it could be that the CPU/GPU paste is not properly done. Don’t open and or do anything on your laptop as it could void your laptops warranty!

Also note that this laptop is designed to reach those temps and beyond with its CPU and GPU as the OS shut down when the CPU reaches 100c or the GPU will be at 96°c. Another thing that you can do to reduce temps is to buy a high end tablet laptop cooler with good fans that will reduce your temps by at least 3-5c, so try that first.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Dvladimiroski,

Did you try to adjust the fan speed.