Does the Acer Nitro 5's (NH.Q9HEY.002) USB-C port output to a display?

SunSetTR
SunSetTR Member Posts: 76 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
My question is in the title. Is it possible to connect with HDMI converter? Does my computer have this support, can someone provide correct information? So can I get a display?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    I dont belive you model supports DP Alt mode for video over the USB port im afraid
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @SunSetTR,

Did you check by connecting with docking station.
  • SunSetTR
    SunSetTR Member Posts: 76 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Easwar said:
    Hi @SunSetTR,

Did you check by connecting with docking station.
    Sorry, I don't have a docking station. I'm asking if there is such a feature. There is no site like Lenovo Psref, I can't look.

Leostat said:
    I dont belive you model supports DP Alt mode for video over the USB port im afraid
    How do you know it's not a USB TYPE-C video converter?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Most of the time in the user manuals it will state if its supported under the USB-C features on the bit where it gives a diagram of the ports. If it supports DP alt mode it usually has either a little bit about the modes, or just that video is supported, in yours its only " Connects to USB devices with a USB Type-C connector. Supports USB 3.2 Type-C, Gen 2 with transfer speeds up to 10 Gbps. " im afraid :(

For example the Triton 500  has " Connects to USB devices with a USB Type-C connector. Supports Thunderbolt™ 3 and displays"