Can get it to boot after Windows 11 instalation? - aspire a515-52g

IvanKaraslavov
IvanKaraslavov Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2021 in Windows 11
Hey, so i have purchased an ssd for my acer aspire a515-52g and installed windows 11 on it, everything was going fine all drivers i installed programes and i went to restart my pc so the drivers can do their magic. And then after the acer logo its showing me "No bootable devices". I think i messed up my partitions but i cant get windows to boot even with my flash drive. I have tried to disable Secure boot but the same error. I havent tried one thing and its to switch from UEFI to Legacy boot but i dont have that option in my bios i dont know why i have UEFI only as option. The bios is able to read both of my hdd and ssd, but still when i go to the boot orded in bios no driver appear. Can someone help?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>> I think i messed up my partitions >>>

Messing up partitions is pretty hard to do unless you really try. So what did you try to make you think that you messed them up?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    So how did you handle the process of moving to the SSD from your old drive? Did you clone it, then boot and upgrade using the new SSD or did you try a fresh install on the new drive? Was the old drive a HDD or SSD? If a SSD was it a 2.5" or an M.2?
    The scenario I visualize that would give you those symptoms is a fresh install on the new drive with the new drive connected to the computer externally, followed by a drive swap from the old drive to the new one. In that process the EFI partition would stay with the old drive, so you wouldn't be able to boot without the old drive installed. You really want to have the EFI and Recovery partitions on the SSD...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @IvanKaraslavov,

​​​​ ​In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​