Change external display to Intergraded Graphic - Nitro AN515-57

sekinod
sekinod Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
My laptop model is Nitro AN515-57. When I connect the laptop to the external display via HDMI it runs on Nvidia graphics, so is there a way to change it to the Integrated graphic. Thanks in advance.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    sekinod said:

StevenGen said:
    sekinod said:
    My laptop model is Nitro AN515-57. When I connect the laptop to the external display via HDMI it runs on Nvidia graphics, so is there a way to change it to the Integrated graphic. Thanks in advance.

sekinod, why would you want to use the integrated GPU of the “Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics” with an external monitor anyway? As the NVIDIA RTX OEM GPU will give you far superior performance then the integrated CPU graphics, this is especially with an external monitor. Leave the automatic settings as they are as the integrated graphics will work automatically as needed.

Hi @StevenGen thank you for your reply. Doesn't it consume more power and generate more heat connecting the external display with Nvidia for running low power tasks ?.

Yes that is true but, the integrated CPU graphics and the dedicated NVIDIA or Reardon graphics are governed automatically by the applications that you run e.g. if you run an application that requires low GPU processing then the integrated CPU graphics will be used, if you need complex and high graphic processing that is handled by the dedicated GPU like the NVIDIA or Reardon, just leave it to automatic as the laptop is designed to function like that and to save battery power.  

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ sekinod 
    If you have integrated graphics most probably you use Intel Integrated Graphics with Nvidia series. When you connect your cable to input that is connected to GPU. If you have Nvidia you should go Nvidia Control Panel. Left side expand 3D settings. Click on Surround and PhysX config. Right side you can see where your HDMI is connected.
  • sekinod said:

sekinod, why would you want to use the integrated GPU of the “Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics” with an external monitor anyway? As the NVIDIA RTX OEM GPU will give you far superior performance then the integrated CPU graphics, this is especially with an external monitor. Leave the automatic settings as they are as the integrated graphics will work automatically as needed.

• sekinod
    sekinod Member Posts: 2 New User

StevenGen said:
    sekinod said:

Hi @StevenGen thank you for your reply. Doesn't it consume more power and generate more heat connecting the external display with Nvidia for running low power tasks ?.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    sekinod said:

StevenGen said:
    sekinod said:

Yes that is true but, the integrated CPU graphics and the dedicated NVIDIA or Reardon graphics are governed automatically by the applications that you run e.g. if you run an application that requires low GPU processing then the integrated CPU graphics will be used, if you need complex and high graphic processing that is handled by the dedicated GPU like the NVIDIA or Reardon, just leave it to automatic as the laptop is designed to function like that and to save battery power.