TPM Acer Extensa 15 EX215-51G laptop support tpm 2.0?

aafauzi
aafauzi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
does my laptop support tpm 2.0? and why TPM doesn't appear on my laptop ?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It's tough to tell from the specs, TPM is included, but it might be TPM 1.2. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut, type the tpm.msc command, and click the OK button.
    1. Under the "Status" section, confirm "The TPM is ready for use" to confirm the device has a trusted platform module, and it's enabled.
    2. Under the "TPM Manufacturer Information" section, check the Specification Version to confirm the chip is version 2.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SEJOM
    SEJOM Member Posts: 3 New User
    if its not version 2 can it be updated

• billsey
    No, it's hardware...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NNOONEEE
    NNOONEEE Member Posts: 2 New User
    tpm.msc says that it can't be found, please help me i want to download the windows 11 update
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    aafauzi,

How do I enable TPM 2.0 on my Acer laptop?
    Image result for does TPM Acer Extensa 15 EX215-51G support tpm 20
    Boot computer using F2 into the BIOS setup mode. Locate the “Security” option on the left and expand. Locate the “TPM” option nested under the “Security” setting. To enable the TPM settings you must check the box saying: “TPM Security” to enable the TPM hard drive security encryption.
  • billsey
    That BIOS screen actually looks more like this:
    You want it installed and enabled.
  • NNOONEEE
    NNOONEEE Member Posts: 2 New User
    how do i install it ??
  • NNOONEEE said:
    how do i install it ??

What is the exact model? Example EX215-51G
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    @NNOONEEE do you have exactly the same model as the original post? If so, your question has already been answered here. If not you should start your own thread.
  • pinoctadias
    pinoctadias Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have same issue, but th
  • lisahaley said:
    I have the same model.Please guide installation method so that is start my site work.
    Can you send a screenshot from device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Isahk01
    Isahk01 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue. Under my BIOS, thers it no BIOS mode. Only "Windows boot manager" is found.

Under "Security" Tab in the BIOS, there is no options to select TPM. Does it mean my ACER Swift 5 does not support TPM2.0?

• @Isahk01 What is the exact model? Example SF315-55-58VH.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer