w510 .. windows 8.1 .. battery life?

tri0xinn
tri0xinn Member Posts: 10 New User

Ever since I installed 8.1 my battery seems to be draining fast.. like it's not sleeping. Also sometimes when I go to wake it up it's turned off. Anyone else having any issues? Typically was charging it once a week.. now about double that.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Did you add the Intel power management drivers ?

• tri0xinn
    tri0xinn Member Posts: 10 New User

I did install a driver package.. from a earlier post.. I'll look for the intel power management drivers.. if you have a link I'd appreciate it.

thanks! 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

They are inside the W510 driver package. When you install it should display a spalsh screen that says "Intel". Do parts of the case feel hot ? Particularly the upper right rear ? Any USB devices connected ?

• jpearn
    jpearn Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

First off uninstall the Microsoft Intel GFX drivers (1160) installed during the 8.1 upgrade, they conflict with the provided DPTF power management. Install the latest driver package 2.12 for the W510 http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers this has an Acer version of the same Intel GFX drivers 1160 and allows the tablet to sleep correctly.

• didopido
    didopido Member Posts: 8 New User

I have the same problem and yes, the top right corner feels warm to the touch when not sleeping properly. It looks like it happens the most/only when the dock is connected.

• didopido
    didopido Member Posts: 8 New User

jpearn, I followed the steps you provided, but still having problems with the W510 sleep. This morning it wasn't starting and the top right part of the tablet was pretty warm. Had to reboot it to get it to work. I have it to shut down now when I close the lid. For some reason I don't see a hibernate option in the power settings, do you know how I can get it?

My graphics driver ver. is 9.14.3.1102 from the last drivers package 2.12.

This discussion has been closed.