VL7860 fan fail- the fan stopped, and lamp shut down again with TEMP light on.

DTang
DTang Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Projectors
My VL7860 worked well in past years until last week, after an hour it shut down automatically with TEMP light on, tried turn it on again and a message “fan fail, lamp will automatically turn off soon” appeared , then the fan stopped and lamp shut down again with TEMP light on.

tried turn it on again several times in next day, problem still happened so I brought it to Acer service centre in HK, after a week they said everything is normal and nothing can be done…

was wondering what happened if any similar case happened before with other users?  Anything about software as I have never updated it (do not know how to update).

Thanks 
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @DTang,

To what device are you connected this projector May I know the full model name of your unit.
  • DTang
    DTang Member Posts: 2 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi @DTang,

To what device are you connected this projector May I know the full model name of your unit.
    Hi @Easwar
    thanks for your message.
    Acer projector is VL7860, it was connected to an AV amp Denon AVC-X8500HA with HDMI.
     Thanks 
  • CTHK
    CTHK Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the exact same problem with my VL7860+.

However, I have double checked all the fan are working fine but the message is still prompting and shutdown my projector automatically.

I have already workaround & try to enable the high altitude, those fan are working fine & spinning with higher speed, but the problem still occurred.

What can I do now? Is it kind of bugs in the firmware?

• CTHK

As a well known brand name over the world & the high price range of this VL7860 series projector product, but leak of support & firmware update.

How can we keep supporting ACER in the future?

• CTHK
    edited February 2023

🙃 There even do not have any host answering question, what's the point for posting our problem here?