AS5315 laptop HDD from 80 gb to 500 gb.

Comansquest
Comansquest Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Acer Software
Soon I’ll be upgrading the HDD from 80 gb to 500 gb. Also the RAM from 1 gb to 4. Should this be sufficient or do I need to change the CPU as well? Not into gaming. Just need it for work. Thank you. 

Best Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    For the HDD, you can upgrade to 500GB
    2-3GB of ram is the maximum because some told that 4GB gives problem.
    If you just do some basic office work, then the CPU might be enough.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    IIRC the system supports a maximum memory of 2GB, not 4GB. If I were going to replace the 80GB drive, I'd use a 250GB or 500GB SSD instead. The issue might be that the drive is an IDE instead of SATA, so verify before starting. If IDE you are pretty much out of luck with an upgrade.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    IIRC the system supports a maximum memory of 2GB, not 4GB. If I were going to replace the 80GB drive, I'd use a 250GB or 500GB SSD instead. The issue might be that the drive is an IDE instead of SATA, so verify before starting. If IDE you are pretty much out of luck with an upgrade.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Comansquest
    Comansquest Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you for your responcesAnhEZ28 said: