Swift 3X upgrading to Windows 11

EarlZ
EarlZ Member Posts: 10 New User
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
Does Windows 11 via automatic updates contain all of the necessary drivers for the laptop to operate manually with out going to Acer's download pag and manually get drivers? Is everything installed from boost drivers, power management, thunderbolt and etc?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    If you update from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you don't have to reinstall drivers.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Midiamp
    Midiamp Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Windows 11 is basically Windows 10 with fancier thread scheduling to support Intel Gen 12. I have to warn you not to upgrade if your SKU is using AMD processor. There's a bug on Windows 11 which reduces AMD powered computers and only been addressed on Windows Insider version. My desktop (Intel powered) is running Windows Insider dev channel, relatively stable as of now, but every big update is like rolling a dice. 
  • EarlZ
    EarlZ Member Posts: 10 New User
    Im using the Intel 11th gen sku and I asked this because I saw Acer has links for the drivers but they are all in an automated command line install and not an installer package.
  • Midiamp
    Midiamp Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    I never have to install a driver previously though with Windows 10 (used to build desktop PCs for friends and families), but for laptops, perhaps they need more time as there's built in functions that might break with major updates.

Edit: I installed the initial drivers, but after Windows 10 seems to take over and auto detect the best updates. No issues so far, so I'd stick to Microsoft recommendations.