Acer Aspire C24-963-W no bluetooth available on Windows 11 Pro

GumbootCowboy
GumbootCowboy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
My Acer updated to windows 11  Acer Aspire C24-963 pro and now has no bluetooth. I have tried running the appropriate troubleshooter and reinstalling drivers.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it please?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    It looks like Acer shipped your model with a couple of different WiFi/Bluetooth cards. Fire up Device Manager and look to see which yours is and whether there are any errors or warning being shown.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ravi8129
    Ravi8129 Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    It looks like Acer shipped your model with a couple of different WiFi/Bluetooth cards. Fire up Device Manager and look to see which yours is and whether there are any errors or warning being shown.
    I'm facing the same issue, but I'm not finding any error message in the device manager. 
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device driver from the Acer website. It say that the driver already exists but when I check the device manager I can't find the Bluetooth driver
  • billsey
    Try turning on hidden devices and also looking in the USB sections.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GumbootCowboy
    GumbootCowboy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sadly I still have the problem with bluetooth. I went back to Windows 10 and it all worked 100% Ugraded to windows 11 and it stops working and troubleshooter reports that my device has no bluetooth capability.

I looked under device manager and see these have problems

WD SES Device

unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor request failed)

no other errors show. I have deleted the above devices and restarted the system. They are immediately added again with the same error message."
    Neither seem to have any connection to bluietooth
  • billsey
    There is a USB hub internally that seems to be garbling the data sent from the Bluetooth chip. Try uninstalling the root hubs and USB controllers to see if bringing them back makes a difference.