Nitro AN517-41 Power Adaptor Compatability with ADP-180MB K ?

wapoa
wapoa Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi there, I ordered extra adaptors for my Nitro 5 AN517-41 , however they sent me a different model, but specs and input seem identical. 
My adaptor is supposed to be: ADP-180TB F, but instead they sent me ADP-180MB K.
Is it safe for me to use the 
ADP-180MB K ?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hello!!

wapoa

I understand that you received a different adapter model and would like to confirm is it safe to use it with the laptop. 

Below is the complete Adapter & Battery details for Acer Nitro AN517-41 unit. 

If your new adapter meets all above mentioned specs, then it is SAFE to use it with your laptop.

Hope the information helps you!!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• wapoa
    Thanks for the info. The Adapter itself doesn't have all the info you mentioned. This is all I have:

Model: ADP-180MB K
    Input: 100-240V~2.34A 50-60Hz
    Output: 19.5V 9.23A, Watts: 180.

S/N: H0UW6961953
  • Lasher
    Lasher Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the exact same question - what's the difference between the ADP-180TB F and ADP-180MB K models? The specs seem identical. Mine comes with the former, but local suppliers only seem to be selling the latter.

Is there a difference?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Lasher,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Most likely Acer purchased adapters from more than one vendor. They are identical other than the numbering.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wapoa
    They seem to be compatible, same specs, same input. It's running fine. Both are for gaming laptops and 180W so should be fine.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Yes, changes to internal part numbers like this don't mean there is any functional difference, only that they are sourced differently internally in Acer's inventory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.