GPU card for tc-895 i-7 10th gen to meet requirements for Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Answers

• vivagelato
    vivagelato Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    Also, I downloaded Windows 11 this evening. I searched on gaming and Windows 11. As long as you do not enable Virtual Based Security if should not affect your fps. To check if it is enabled, press the windows key and paste MSInfo32 into search. That brings up your system information screen. VBS is near the bottom of the page. At least I don't have to worry about losing 15-25% of fps like pc gamer was mentioning some of their tests showed.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can also disable virtuality in the BIOS usually. It will be listed as something like VT-x...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vivagelato
    Thank you for that information. I had the day off and reached out to Acer's part supplier. Ordered a 500 watt power supply.  =) I'll stick with the card I ordered for now since any upgrades to it presently cost more than the computer itself. Hopefully in the next couple of years graphic cards are in good supply and the price drops.
  • vivagelato
    Alas, brought my pc into BestBuy to have the power supply and gpu installed. Turns out I was sent the wrong power supply. I have the generic 500 watt psu, which does not fit the ATX12VO configuration my desktop has. Does anyone know the part number for the 500 watt Acer PSU supplied for the TC-895-UR12 Desktop? I am going to try and re-order, but the part number would be helpful to possibly prevent another incorrect order being sent. I hope that with Intel using ATX12VO for 12th gen processors, more ATX12VO psu's will come on the market. Thanks, 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Acer purchases those supplies from a couple of different vendors, so there are two part numbers: DC.5001H.001 and DC.5001B.009. Either will work since the specs are the same.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vivagelato
    Thank you for that information.  The psu I was shipped was DC.5001B.009. The problem is it is 6 inches wide which does not fit into my pc. The psu currently in my system is DC3001B00A which is a slim form factor. I'm sending pics of my pc's interior to see if the team at Capital Data can set me up with a psu that fits my computer. 
  • billsey
    That doesn't make sense for the TC-895... The slimmer cases were for different models.
  • vivagelato
    Hi, this is how the form factor looks. 
    It's about 4 inches wide opposed to the 6 inches wide of  DC.5001B.009.
  • billsey
    Show me a picture of the back of the computer, with the mounting screw holes for the PSU.
  • vivagelato
    Hi, after talking to the parts team that sent me the psu, I'm thinking that the intake person at BestBuy got it wrong. I have made an appointment with a company that upgrades computers for gamers and amongst other services. Just down the street from me! 

Here is the back of the pc per your request. 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, that's one of the Flex designed supplies, not the full ATX size.
  • vivagelato
    Hi, are you referring to the power supply or the case?
  • vivagelato
    Never mind. So the psu installed is a flex designed supply. The ATX should still fit into my case.
  • billsey
    Looks at the mounting holes, you don't have the mounts for a full sized ATX supply.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    I don't think that will work, the open area where the PSU mounts on your case just isn't big enough for a full sized ATX supply.
  • vivagelato
    Thanks, is the part number DC.5001H.001 possibly a flex ATX psu? The company working on my pc has mentioned they could set me up with a different case if needed.
  • billsey
    Are you sure your model number is a TC-895? The service guide for the TC-895 only shows the normal ATX12VO supplies, not the smaller Flex supplies. I'm escalating to the moderators to see if they can contact an engineer for clarification.
  • vivagelato
    edited November 2021
    Hi, under System my computer says tc-895, and the order received from Amazon reads Acer Aspire TC-895-UR12 Desktop, 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core Processor, 16GB 2666MHz DDR4, 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, 8X DVD, 802.11ax WiFi 6, USB 3.2 Type C, Windows 10 Professional .
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    I'm not seeing anything in the Service Guide that reflects the new power supply and case design. I'm guessing they have gone that direction due to part shortages with the original design. I'm escalating to the moderator to try and get some feedback from the factory on it. I think the PSU part numbers you have see so far are all from the SG, so likely match the older case/PSU design.