Aspire 7 A715-42G R0DS Should I Update to Windows 11?

Pro_S
Pro_S Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
Hello,
My Laptop is Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G R0DS (RYZEN 5 5500U, 8GB) and I received Windows 11 Update today (I am not in Windows Insider Program) So I wanted to know if anyone else with same Laptop as me has Updated and how's the performance, battery life etc.

Should I update now or wait for a few Days (Weeks Maybe)?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• I have model PH315-52. I chose to perform a cold install on another ssd. That way I run windows 10 and 11 in dual boot. There are reports from other users that there is some problem with the sound when the user upgrades windows 10 to windows 11. I advise performing a cold install.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pro_S
    I have model PH315-52. I chose to perform a cold install on another ssd. That way I run windows 10 and 11 in dual boot. There are reports from other users that there is some problem with the sound when the user upgrades windows 10 to windows 11. I advise performing a cold install.
    I would have done so but I don't have a second SSD. Anyways thanks for your reply, I installed the Windows 11 update an hour after asking this question here, everything seems to be good. Only thing missing is that I can't find Acer Quick access Application here in Windows 11. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I did the update on three of my machines without issues, other than a needed reboot on one before it would complete, but I haven't tried it yet on a Ryzen processor. If MS pushed it to you via Windows Update, it's likely got most of the bugs cleared out. They typically don't push it to you unless they believe it's ready.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pro_S
    billsey said:
    I did the update on three of my machines without issues, other than a needed reboot on one before it would complete, but I haven't tried it yet on a Ryzen processor. If MS pushed it to you via Windows Update, it's likely got most of the bugs cleared out. They typically don't push it to you unless they believe it's ready.
    Yup I agree abt the Bug part. I updated yesterday and am testing it since, running as smooth as it should without a problem. Thanks for the comment..

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    AMD release a patch for the slow down bug a couple of days ago, so if your upgrade didn't include that you'll get it soon with Windows Update.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.