When will it be available to update/upgrade?

italicpenny
italicpenny Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

What do i need to do with my data to prepare for the upgrade? (will my data be saved during the upgrade)

thanks

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi italicpenny,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• dionjohn007AC
    dionjohn007AC Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

when will I get upgradation to 11.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @italicpenny

It is the responsibility of you, the user to back up personal data. Generally speaking, the operating system upgrade should not damage your data.
    I'll suggest using an external hard drive to backup your data or even create a system image. Definitely do that before the upgrade.

@dionjohn007AC

Only Microsoft can tell you when. Win 11 hasn't been formally distributed yet. Upgrade? probably after that. If you don't mind running into some program bugs, try get the pre-release version.
  • dionjohn007AC

Tinkerer

Great Thanks for informing @ttttt
  • dionjohn007AC

Tinkerer

Great Thanks as I was in Developer Mode in the Microsoft Windows Insider Program i got up-gradation to Windows 11 on July 4th.It was wonderful and hope you all can try in that way as a beta version only.
  • LonyouLOL
    LonyouLOL Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    xd, i'm downloading it rn on my Aspire A515-43
    What's a Signature???
    I'm 
    illegal dumb so idk
    go sub to my crappy yt: Qjay - YouTube
    and download this wallpaper, I Like it :)

• LonyouLOL
    LonyouLOL Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I have the supported CPU and TPM 2.0
    What's a Signature???
    I'm 
    illegal dumb so idk
    go sub to my crappy yt: Qjay - YouTube
    and download this wallpaper, I Like it :)

• brownboy
    brownboy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

asus should get a gold star, they are the only company so far that as said that they will up date bois on motherboards, to run window 11 and turn on the tmp, so much for the other companys that have kept very quite so far shame on them.people think long and hard and do your home work. :s
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    What do i need to do with my data to prepare for the upgrade? (will my data be saved during the upgrade)

thanks

When in doubt, back up. Backup is your only path to go with an upgrade with peace of mind that even if the update konks your data is still safe.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • dionjohn007AC

Tinkerer

Everywhere Windows 11 updation is going on now I have already got the update as I have activated in the Windows Insider Program. Unfortunately, Windows 11 had degradation restrictions like tpm 2.0, Secure boot, etc. But with my experience, it is completely different from Windows 10s latest version even though some of them wanted features like small icons in the taskbar and all have gone but there are other more beneficial features got into on it. Anyway, I loved Windows 11 on lap Triton 300 2020 because it has overcome all these restrictions well...
    Wait and see everyone will get chances that all. Always one thing does perform updation every time till reaching the last version of Windows 10 then you will get.Well, I hope you will understand this.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited October 2021
    For people trying to upgrade 11, make sure to check any older software you may be using to see if it is still compatible or not. Some software I have been using since like Windows Vista that was working all the way through 10 isn't even getting installed on 11.
    One way to test it out would be to install into a VM and install the software you intend to use.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045