laptop did not boot on first attempt by pressing power button aspire 5 (A515-51g-58gj

Ankitpro
Ankitpro Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
i have acer aspire 5 (A515-51g-58gj ) my laptop have strange  problem on first attempt i press on button laptop has blank display led light on blue color after 2 to 3 sec i do force shutdown by pressing power button for 5 sec and then mu laptop completely gets off and on 2nd attempt my laptop starts normally what could be problem anyone know?i think its cmos battery died probably.am i right??plz reply my post asap

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    (1) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup.
    (2) Shut down Windows normally. Unplug the charger.
    (3) Insert and hold paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (4) Plug charger back in but wait till battery charge LED turns from solid orange to solid blue
    (5) Then turn machine on and immediately press the F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Press the F9 key to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit
    (6) Window should now start normally

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    (1) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup.
    (2) Shut down Windows normally. Unplug the charger.
    (3) Insert and hold paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (4) Plug charger back in but wait till battery charge LED turns from solid orange to solid blue
    (5) Then turn machine on and immediately press the F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Press the F9 key to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit
    (6) Window should now start normally

Jack E/NJ

• Ankitpro
    @JackE bro I tried your method but same problem no fixed my problem  bro I explain once again my laptop probelm is I press power button nothing is visible on screen like blank display no acer logo .. I tried on tv also with hdmi cable but same problem no signal on my tv on first attempt I left my laptop on for 5to 6 sec on on at that time no display and led indicator are blue color  and then do force shutdown by pressing power button for 10 sec and then power on. On second attempt my laptop gets on after on acer logo appears normally it works fine after 2nd boot what could be problem sir I am very sad what happened to my laptop plz help me I also visited service center acer they took money from me for repairing they told me my ram is dead your say bro if my laptop ram is dead how it works on 2nd time boot flawlessly no problem during gaming or other works service center guy not even opens my laptop and checks the motherboard what could be faulty he is also forcing my to buy ram from his center but I know my ram is ok I didn't buy it. 
  • JackE
    Does it always fail on first attempt? And always work on the second attempt?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Ankitpro,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. 

• JackE
    Does it always fail on first attempt? And always work on the second attempt?

Jack E/NJ

• Ankitpro
    @JackE It always fails on first attempt but works on second attempts by the way I also tried power drain method
  • JackE
    edited October 2021
    >>>It always fails on first attempt but works on second attempts>>>

What happens if you wait 5 minutes before making the second attempt?

Jack E/NJ

• Ankitpro
    @JackE if I leave my laptop on for about 5 min then on first attempt my laptop not starts I have to do every time restart for start the laptop by pressing power button
  • JackE
    No. Sorry. I don't mean to leave it on 5minuts after the first attempt.  I mean to shut it off after the first attempt. Then wait 5 minutes in the off state before making the second attempt.

Jack E/NJ

• RajkumarBhakta
    RajkumarBhakta Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem in my Acer Aspire 7 anyone please help

• JackE

Try the Control Panel solution mentioned near beginning of this thread.

Jack E/NJ