Touchpad not working for aspire 5 A515-54G laptop

shivmani
shivmani Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
single tap functionality of my touchpad is not working properly, I have to double tap the touchpad to use the single tap function. this is really frustrating for me. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of your laptop, like A515-xx, in the meantime, go to Settings and select Devices, click Touchpad in the left pane, clear the ticks for Taps, reboot, and tick the boxes again.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    shivmani,

Tap on F7 and check.
  • shivmani
    shivmani Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of your laptop, like A515-xx, in the meantime, go to Settings and select Devices, click Touchpad in the left pane, clear the ticks for Taps, reboot, and tick the boxes again.

model name: aspire A515-54G

Above technique doesn't work.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    shivmani said:
    Hi,

model name: aspire A515-54G

Above technique doesn't work.
    Go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, look for Touchpad and if you don't see it while you are in Main tab press Ctrl+S buttons together, if you get Touchpad, switch to Advanced mode from Basic.