Windows 11 on Predator Helios 300 (Predator G3-572)?

Arron_Dark
Arron_Dark Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Windows 11
Hi, I have Predator Helios 300 (Predator G3-572) with an i5-7300HQ processor and 16 Gigs of RAM, but the Microsoft PC Health check shows that I'm not eligible for Windows 11. Then, with further research, I understood that the TPM needs to be 2.0, which is currently not offered as of now by Acer. Are there any possibilities for a Bios update or I am screwed with my perfectly great laptop, not eligible for Windows 11? Am I missing something? Please let me know. Thanks in Advance:)

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi, I have Predator Helios 300 (Predator G3-572) with an i5-7300HQ processor and 16 Gigs of RAM, but the Microsoft PC Health check shows that I'm not eligible for Windows 11. Then, with further research, I understood that the TPM needs to be 2.0, which is currently not offered as of now by Acer. Are there any possibilities for a Bios update or I am screwed with my perfectly great laptop, not eligible for Windows 11? Am I missing something? Please let me know. Thanks in Advance:)

Note that if your processor isn’t on the list, it might not be the end of the world. It might just work anyway, Microsoft might change the list later, or there might be workarounds. To check out Microsoft’s documentation on supported CPUs in Windows 11, you can find out more here.

Also, the "Microsoft PC Health check" is only a guide and there are reports that it has a few bug, see here "PC Health Check App indicates compatible PC's are not compatible with Windows 11, is this a bug?" as its the same as when Win-10 came out and allot of computers didn’t have the compatibility that Microsoft considered as suitable but they were. With Win-11 I don’t know if you will be able to upgrade as a “Free option” like it was with Win-7 to Win-8 and then to Won-10, just wait and don’t panic as and if you look at the Acer systems that are compatible from Microsoft for a Win-11 upgrade from Win-10 they list the “Free upgrade to Windows 11” (when available) with the low spec Acer Swift 3 that has the 8GB RAM and comes with the AMD Ryzen 3 - 4300U CPU (4 cores, 4 threads, 2.7GHz to 3.7GHz, L2-2MB, L3-4MB,) that has the AMD Radeon Graphics integrated and its GPU Cores count is 5, so it’s a pretty average spec computer and your Predator G3-572 is above that. 

These are the minimum Windows 11 requirements.

See also: Windows 11 Q&A and Windows 11: FAQ

Note: see Windows 11 will be a free update. Here's how you'll download it (and whether you're eligible) btw, this is how to download Windows 11, once it's available, Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and clicking Check for Updates. If available, you'll see Feature update to Windows 11. Click Download and install

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    There are many users with the TPM issue, so when MS actually release Windows11 to the public they will come up with a solution, so please be patient.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓

Note that if your processor isn’t on the list, it might not be the end of the world. It might just work anyway, Microsoft might change the list later, or there might be workarounds. To check out Microsoft’s documentation on supported CPUs in Windows 11, you can find out more here.

Also, the "Microsoft PC Health check" is only a guide and there are reports that it has a few bug, see here "PC Health Check App indicates compatible PC's are not compatible with Windows 11, is this a bug?" as its the same as when Win-10 came out and allot of computers didn’t have the compatibility that Microsoft considered as suitable but they were. With Win-11 I don’t know if you will be able to upgrade as a “Free option” like it was with Win-7 to Win-8 and then to Won-10, just wait and don’t panic as and if you look at the Acer systems that are compatible from Microsoft for a Win-11 upgrade from Win-10 they list the “Free upgrade to Windows 11” (when available) with the low spec Acer Swift 3 that has the 8GB RAM and comes with the AMD Ryzen 3 - 4300U CPU (4 cores, 4 threads, 2.7GHz to 3.7GHz, L2-2MB, L3-4MB,) that has the AMD Radeon Graphics integrated and its GPU Cores count is 5, so it’s a pretty average spec computer and your Predator G3-572 is above that. 

These are the minimum Windows 11 requirements.

See also: Windows 11 Q&A and Windows 11: FAQ

Note: see Windows 11 will be a free update. Here's how you'll download it (and whether you're eligible) btw, this is how to download Windows 11, once it's available, Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and clicking Check for Updates. If available, you'll see Feature update to Windows 11. Click Download and install

• Luciferbeat
    Luciferbeat Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have i71-th gen 3060 GPU model as per PC health check my laptop match the configuration PFA BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION IN WINDOWS UPDATE WHY ITS NOT SHOWING TO DOWNLOAD?  

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Luciferbeat,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• PACPEP
    PACPEP Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    @LuciferBeat you'll need to download the iso file from Microsoft official site and then install it using setup given in it

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It is likely better to wait for Microsoft to push the update out to your model using Windows Update. They won't do that until all the drivers for your system are ready. If you manually do it as suggested you'll just have to live with the parts that don't work right yet...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Luciferbeat
    Luciferbeat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you all for reply 

my model PH315-53