Acer Ionia Model 5007 - Won't Start

HarlechBoy
HarlechBoy Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi I have a friends Acer which she is trying to recover her family pictures from. It is about 6 years old I think. The label on the back has the following information however much of it is now unreadable. I can make out the following; FCC HLX A508  IC 5734F BDGT and some other bits. I have taken the cover off and there is a QR code which give a number starting with 6MLBKNB followed by a further 13 numbers ending in F00 - I have read that the serial number is 22 digits is this the serial number?
The ACER logo appears on start up and then just sits at that point, it is not possible to go any further. I have tried holding down the Start and Up Volume to access the 'reboot' options and when I select one nothing happens, I dont want to do factory reset as she will lose the pictures. There is also another number A7-GPS&WIFI-D HRJ-M2679A which I assume is soemthing to do with wifi connection and location (GPS).

Could really do with some help, even if only how to access memory card to save photo 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    A Google search on your Acer Iconia 5007 suggestion seems to show the model number being B1-770. That was an Android tablet released vintage 2015. Does that sound right? If so the only chance to pull any data off is if they had a SD card installed. The builtin storage is a 16GB eMMC drive soldered to the motherboard. Try going to the Acer site for your locale, then into Support and enter than model number into the search box for drivers. Under the Documents section is a User Manual. That may help in working with it. Try not to do a factory reset until you have given up on recovering any data because the reset will wipe any user data off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    A Google search on your Acer Iconia 5007 suggestion seems to show the model number being B1-770. That was an Android tablet released vintage 2015. Does that sound right? If so the only chance to pull any data off is if they had a SD card installed. The builtin storage is a 16GB eMMC drive soldered to the motherboard. Try going to the Acer site for your locale, then into Support and enter than model number into the search box for drivers. Under the Documents section is a User Manual. That may help in working with it. Try not to do a factory reset until you have given up on recovering any data because the reset will wipe any user data off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HarlechBoy
    Hi Billsey, have investigated further and look zooming in on the picture I have taken of the tablet info on the label I can work out it is the B1-770, which I have now down loaded the latest driver update for on to my pc and copied over to a pen drive. I have taken off the cover of the tablet and there is a slot for an MircoSD card but no card present, I am not sure if the SD slot will work or not. I don't know if updating the driver will make any difference, but thought I would give it a go, however, I don't have the ability to connect my pen drive to the tablet. I am just trying by connecting the tablet to my pc inline and will see if I can do something that way. Thanks for your help and I will have a look at you suggestion this afternoon after I finish work.
  • billsey
    Yeah, if the tablet can come up far enough it will show up as a memory device to the PC, and you can then access the filesystem. You'll be blocked from the OS itself, but data should be available. The issue is that you have to have the OS up or else it won't show up on the PC...
  • HarlechBoy
    Thanks, I will let you know how I get on.