🔘 Poll: Windows 11 | To upgrade or not upgrade 🤔

Acer-IngridAcer-Ingrid Acer Crew, Knowledge Author Posts: 1,608 Acer Crew
Family-shot-1png

Windows 11 release date, October 5, is fast approaching, and we are curious to know your opinion.

Are you planning on Upgrading your OS to Windows 11?

Share your experience with us and comment below.

Learn more about the System Requirements for Upgrading to Windows 11.

🔘 Poll: Windows 11 | To upgrade or not upgrade 🤔 42 votes

Yup, I am planning on updating as soon as possible
76%
egydiocoelhoHyukAcer-JoseAllen28LeostatAcer-IngridTomáš40Ro46Joedmin580AnhEZ28MenujaWicksMohammedUsmanAlexSucksShaitanParth_DAlterego_9JarvierBChatiqieFelipeCanever 32 votes
Nah, I'm happy with my current operating system
23%
rosswilliamsonTwelveTonesri369GAMING6698batmalinAsif_UDLonyouLOLLoozcDixnmMuhidImran 10 votes

Comments

• Yup, I am planning on updating as soon as possible
    I don't plan on updating, exactly. I plan to install windows 11 on another hard drive as it is very likely that various bugs will occur.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • batmalinbatmalin Member Posts: 4,046 Guru
    Please add in the poll "I am not using windows" or  "I use other OS"
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• SithulaHSithulaH Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Shaitan said:
    I've already update to windows 11 beta over a month ago, I didn't regret it at all.
    I also
    I updated like 2 months ago from the Dev channel in the Insider Program
  • Acer-IngridAcer-Ingrid Acer Crew, Knowledge Author Posts: 1,608 Acer Crew
    I don't plan on updating, exactly. I plan to install windows 11 on another hard drive as it is very likely that various bugs will occur.
    That is a good solution, are you participating in the Insider Program?
    Shaitan said:
    I've already update to windows 11 beta over a month ago, I didn't regret it at all.
    That is cool, what is your favorite thing about it? 
    batmalin said:
    Please add in the poll "I am not using windows" or  "I use other OS"
    Thank you for your feedback batmalin! Unfortunately I am not able to edit the pool :/  But I will for sure include it in the future ones, that is good point. :) 
  • 19931993 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hello egydiocoelho, how big of a hard drive will you need to do it?
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 80,263 Trailblazer
    edited September 21
    That is a good solution, are you participating in the Insider Program?
    I signed up for the insider program, to download the PC HEALTH CHECK program and to download the windows 11 trial version. However, as soon as Windows 11 officially launches in October, I will install on the other 128gb ssd which is installed on the laptop. windows 10 will still be installed on the 512gb ssd that i installed on the laptop.
    1993 said:
    Hello egydiocoelho, how big of a hard drive will you need to do it?
    I have two ssds installed on PH315-52. Windows 10 will continue installed on 512gb ssd and windows 11, I will install on 128gb ssd. windows 11 will not be my main operating system. Because of that, I will install it on 128gb ssd, just so I can try it out.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShaitanShaitan Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Shaitan said:
    I don't have any specific favorite thing in it. It's refreshing and new, and not performing any worse than windows 10.
    I do by the way like the new start menu, the programs I do use often fast accessible. 
  • LonyouLOLLonyouLOL Member Posts: 47 Enthusiast
    Family-shot-1png

Windows 11 release date, October 5, is fast approaching, and we are curious to know your opinion.

Are you planning on Upgrading your OS to Windows 11?

Share your experience with us and comment below.

Learn more about the System Requirements for Upgrading to Windows 11.

I Feel like I'm gonna lose more performance, It's just like Windows 10 but Microsoft just put on a skin pack on lol.

I'm just gonna stay with Windows 10
    or just go to Ubuntu

What's a Signature???
    I'm illegal dumb so idk
    go sub to my crappy yt: Qjay - YouTube
    and download this wallpaper, I Like it :)

• sri369sri369 ACE Posts: 2,433 Pathfinder
    edited September 23
    I was planning to upgrade to 11 as soon as it came out... but before I do that, I intend to install it to a VM first and try it out a few days.
    The current Beta that is out is failing in a few areas where 10 works flawless, so have to ensure 11 is all up and working with no issues before I upgrade my laptop.
    Also, I do not see anything new in 11 except for some "looks", but considering my desktop is barely visible most of the time, I might put it off until there are some significant improvements.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • alexrentieralexrentier Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited September 26
    I will first read the reviews and then I will make a decision! And then a lot of negative article and criticism were at of Windows 10! And Windows 10 works great for me!
  • Yup, I am planning on updating as soon as possible
    To update the topic, I installed the new windows 11 on 128gb ssd, on a Predator PH315-52 and so far, I haven't had any performance issues:

But remember, don't upgrade over windows 10. Perform a cold install to avoid compatibility issues! The ideal is to install it in dual boot with windows 10!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Shaitan said:
    Shaitan said:
    I don't have any specific favorite thing in it. It's refreshing and new, and not performing any worse than windows 10.
    I do by the way like the new start menu, the programs I do use often fast accessible. 
    Yes! the start menu has been advertised very frequently, seems to make things easier.
    I will first read the reviews and then I will make a decision! And then a lot of negative article and criticism were at of Windows 10! And Windows 10 works great for me!
    Wait for reviews is also a very  good strategy! 
    I will test the final version of windows 11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

I will test the final version of windows 11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
    Let us know how it has being working out. :)
    Let us know how it has being working out. :)
    As it is a recent version of windows, it is possible that some bugs occur. However, so far, I'm not having any performance issues.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• alexrentieralexrentier Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 17
    We are waiting for reviews for installation!