NTLDR is missing

Kimmie
Kimmie Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2018 in Legacy Windows
My sister gave me her older Acer Aspire One, model #ZG5. It was booting up just fine until I tried to restore factory settings. Now is won’t boot up and shows message “NTLDR is missing”. I tried the control/alt/del, but still shows the error. Can anyone help me fix this?
Thanks in advance! :)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    Did you try to restore factory settings from inside the Windows environment or  the ALT+F10 cold boot method from outside of Windows? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 00abracadabra00
    00abracadabra00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have the same issue - ntldr is missing
    Can not load with USB flash drive to replace Windows. Used many bootable USB (with DOS, Live CD, Windows), but same! Why?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    @00abracadabra00 could you start a new thread with your question? This one is several years old and we never got a response from the original poster. You will get more visibility with a new thread. Include your model number (something like AO1xx-xxx-xxxx), what you are seeing and the process that led up to it. NTLDR missing errors usually mean the OS image on the drive is bad.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.